A leaked test firmware based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat build number I9505XXUFNA1 has just surfaced. A good sign for the Galaxy S4 owners as it suggests the arrival of official update anytime soon now. Check out our recently posted guide to update your Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat. You may want to root your device on the newest leaked test firmware, so here’s our full guide to do so.
Before we head towards how to root the Galaxy S4 LTE running latest leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat, you may want to know what is root access and why do we need it. Let’s have a look at the little intro to the root and also a custom recovery.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom roms in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
Here are some instructions that you must follow in order to gain root access on your Galaxy S4 I9505.
- This guide is only for Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your device must have TWRP Recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to get it.
- Your device must be running on leaked firmware Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9505XXUFNA1 Firmware.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- ake sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Make sure that you read all the instructions above carefully and let’s move forward to the 2nd page for the rooting guide.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Root and Install TWRP on Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7/S7 Edge [Verified Method] - January 23, 2017
- How to fix Google Chrome performance issues on Mac OS X/MacOS Sierra - January 22, 2017
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017