We have just posted the Android 5.0 Lollipop for SM-N900, or if you visit the XDA Forum on daily basis, then you might have updated your Note 3 Exynos Variant to this leaked Lollipop firmware. Now the next thing that every Android users wants is the rooting method for that version and luckily, we have a solution for that too, thanks to the same person who shared the Lollipop Leaked firmware has also shared the link to CWM recovery and Super SU, that can be used to root the device. Odin will once again be used to Flash the CWM Recovery and then Super SU will be flash using that CWM Recovery.
In this article, we will show you How to Root Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 on Android 5.0 Lollipop Leaked Firmware, you’ll need the Custom Recovery to back-up all your data and other stuff and flashing the Official ROM also takes that away too. Usually it takes several weeks to bring such stuff for a device, but in this case everything is almost already here.Rooting allows you to get full control over your device. Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods give you better support and great battery life.
How to Install CWM Recovery:
- Download the Recovery file to your PC.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Note 3 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the Recovery.tar.md5 that you downloaded and extracted above.
- Hit start and wait till the Recovery flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot.
- That’s all!
How to Root the Device:
- Download the Super Su to your device.
- Put your Galaxy Note 3 into Recovery mode.
- To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, Quickly release the Power button when you see the Galaxy Logo Blink 3 times.
- Navigate to Install Zip > Choose Zip.
- Flash the Super SU.zip
- Once done, Reboot the device.
- Use any root checker app to Verify the root access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016