We have successfully been sharing the Tutorials on Rooting HTC One M8, in Past we shared Rooting tutorial of Verizon, Sprint and International HTC One M8 and today we would like to increase our collection by adding AT&T HTC One M8 in it. No matter which HTC One M8 you have they all have same specs.Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 2.3GHz processor, 5” Full-HD 1080p Corning Gorilla glass display, Ultra pixel Duo camera, Bluetooth 4.0 and latest Androidsoftware support with Sense UI 6 based on KitKat 4.4.2. The carrier may be bounded but the developers at XDA are not and they have found the perfect Rooting tutorial for it which also install TWRP Recovery on it.
Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On AT&T HTC One M8. But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M8(Sprint).
- Do-not try it on International HTC One M8.
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Follow Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
- Make Sure Fastboot Is Configured: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Download TWRP Image: Link (openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-m8_ul_ca.img#sthash.z2FHroCk.dpuf)
Download Super SU: Link (update-Super-SU-v1.94.zip)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On AT&T HTC One M8
- Copy the TWRP Image in the Fastboot folder.
- Go To Phone Settings and Disable Fastboot in Power Options.
- Turn Off the Device.
- Turn off your phone and open HBOOT mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Fastboot in the Menu
- Connect your Device With PC.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder .
- Type in the Following Command one after the Other:
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-188.8.131.52-m8_ul_ca.img
- fastboot reboot
- Your device will Now Reboot and TWRP Will be installed on your device.
How To Root AT&T HTC One M8
- Copy the Super SU.zip files to the Root of your Device Sdcard.
- Turn Off your device.
- Turn off your phone and open HBOOT mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Recovery in the Menu
- Tap On Install and Select the Super SU File and slide the button to start the process.
- Once done go back to TWRP Recovery and Reboot the Device.
Also See: How To Root HTC One M8(International)
Also See: How To Root Verizon HTC One M8
Also See: How To Root Sprint HTC One M8
After a Successful reboot, Download Root Checker app to Verify Root Access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016