Asus recently update its last year’s flagship device the Zenfone 5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. New Lollipop update brings all new Google Material Design and other goodies to this device. Android power users who have resulted in loosing root access on this device after updating to the latest and greatest iteration of Android, they may be looking for a method to get it back now. Good news seems to be out, a new one-click root tool that roots the Zenfone 5 on latest Android 5.0 Lollipop is available now.
If you’re new to rooting, you may want to know that root access allows you to modify your device beyond the limitations that are set by the device manufacturers. After having your device rooted, you can install applications which require root access to work on Android. These applications can enhance the performance of your device, battery life and allow you to modify and customize it in several ways. To know more about root access and root applications, check out our top 10 root applications.
The tool roots Asus Zenfone 5 T500F, T500J WW running Android 5.0 Lollipop v184.108.40.206 and v220.127.116.11. It doesn’t require any hard steps to go through, all you need is to follow this guide carefully and get it done within a few seconds. Let’s go ahead now and gain root access on our beloved Asus Zenfone 5 running Android Lollipop.
- This guide is only for Asus Zenfone 5 T500F, T500J WW. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model in settings > about device.
- Download and install Minimal ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Your device must be running Android 5.0 Lollipop v18.104.22.168 or v22.214.171.124. If its not already running on Android Lollipop you may have a look at How To Update Asus Zenfone 5 To Android Lollipop v126.96.36.199.
- Just to be on a safe side, backup all your important contacts, sms messages, call logs and copy your media content to your PC.
- Charge your phone’s battery at least over 50% to avoid and power issues during the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times. This will enable developer options in settings. Now open developer options and enable USB debugging mode.
- Rooting the device will void its warranty. Make sure that you’re following this method on your own risk. In case of a mishap Techbeasts or Asus won’t be held responsible.
Root Asus Zenfone 5 Running Android Lollipop
- Download Asus Zenfone 5 Lollipop Root Tool.zip file.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip file on your computer’s desktop.
- Connect your Asus Zenfone 5 to your PC now. A popup will require permission on your phone’s screen. Tick the box “Always allow for this computer” and tap OK.
- Now run the Root.bat file that you got after extracting the tool that you downloaded in step 1.
- The root tool will now boot your phone in fastboot mode and root it, once done it will reboot automatically.
- Once your device boots up, check SuperSu in app drawer or verify root access using root checker.
- That’s all.
Pretty easy, wasn’t it? Let us know if you’re stuck with something.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016