Google announced the Android N Developer preview just a few days back. Latest Nexus device owners once again have proved out to be lucky to join the Android N Developer Preview league. Android 7.0 N’s developer preview is currently available for devices like Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9 and Nexus 9G. Andoird N brings a number of new features like multi-window, picture-in-picture mode, new enhanced doze mode and many other feature that you need to know about.
This time around, Google has made it a lot easier for Nexus users to upgrade their device to Android N Developer Preview. Nexus users can still flash the factory images on their device, but if this procedure seems a little difficult then Google has introduced a new Android N Developer Preview Beta Program. You can easily enroll yourself in the Android N Beta program and get the developer preview update right over the air. That’s it! No flashing, no tweaking required at all.
Now, if you’ve already updated to Android N Developer Preview, you might be in need of a method to root it as well. The good thing here is, Android N Preview has already been rooted by root master Chainfire. Rooting Android N Developer Preview is just a matter of a click now. The guide here illustrates how you can easily root Android N Developer Preview on your Google Nexus 5X, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9 and Nexus 9G.
- The guide here is only for the devices mentioned above running the Android N Developer Preview. Do not run it on any other device or else you will result in bricking it.
- If your device isn’t already running on Android N Developer Preview, then update right now.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup everything on your phone since you will need to unlock the bootloader and unlocking will wipe your phone completely. The root will not work without unlocking the bootloader.
- Enable OEM unlocking on your phone as well.
- Use OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your phone.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any risks.
Disclaimer: The rooting and flashing methods are highly custom. These methods are not recommended by device manufacturers. In case something goes wrong during or after the process, TechBeasts or the device manufacturers may not be held responsible.
Head over to the 2nd page now for rooting your Android N Developer preview device.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017