Motorola was a Google’s Company but now its under Lenovo, and now Moto E will be the last from Motorola. It’s a cheap end device and affordable. Specs are not that high much but its a Dual SIM, with a Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 4.3 inches screen with multitouch, 4 GB Internal Memory, 1 GB RAM, 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat) and with Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7. With all these specs and cheap price, Moto E will gain a good market. As we’ve always provide Root and Install TWRP Recovery guides of newest Android devices, today I’ll tell you how you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto E.
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Install Motorola USB drivers for your Motorola E. Download
- Unlock your Moto E bootloader through Motorola official site. Here
- TWRP recovery image for your Moto E ( moto_e_twrp18.104.22.168_v1.2.img ) [Mirror]
- Download SuperSU for Moto E. UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip.
How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Moto E:
- Download the SuperSU from given link and place in your SD card root folder.
- Now rename moto_e_twrp22.214.171.124_v1.2 to Recovery.img.
- Place the Recovery.img in Android SDK folder.
- Connect your Moto E with computer.
- Now open the SDK folder and open a command prompt in the folder.
- Typer the following command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now when your device is in bootloader mode type in the following command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Wait for the process to complete. When your recovery is flashed. Type the following command.
- Now all you have to do is now install SuperSU for that type the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- Your device is in TWRP Recovery select install to find the UPDATE-SuperSU-vx.xx.zip.
- After finding SuperSU tap on it to install and wait for installation to be completed.
Here you go you have successfully Root and install TWRP Recovery on your Moto E. Join our Forum for discussion on Moto E Root, Recoveries, Custom Roms, Mods, Q&A and much more. Techbeasts Moto E Forum.