Samsung Galaxy S3 has received the update of Android 4.3 but to many bugs are there to force users to Downgrade their device to Android 4.1.2. If you haven’t rooted your device yet, we will show you how to root and install CWM recovery on it. Rooting allows you to give full control of your device, allows you to flash modes, Kernels, ROMs and other Stuff, that can’t be installed Normally. But rooting also voids our Warranty, so, if you are one of those, who mostly claims the Warranty, then find a Reason to claim it, don’t waste your time here 😉
If you are familiar with Odin and it’s working, then this tutorial might not be difficult for you. Otherwise read the whole tutorial first before trying it on your device. In this Article, we will show you How To Root And Install CWM Recovery On Galaxy S3(Carriers Only). But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Galaxy S3.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
How To Root and Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Download Rooting Package Galaxy-S3-Root-Package-US-Canada.Zip (4.1.2) CWM Recovery (4.3), extract it and copy Super SU Copy it to your Mobile.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the File with RecoveryGalaxyS3USCanada.tar in its name, or the one who has the biggest size.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot and F.Reset Options.
- Now Click the start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
Now ClockworkMod Recovery has been installed on your device, let’s continue to Rooting process.
- Turn off your phone and open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Up +Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Super SU file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ to return to previous screen
- Then select “reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
Now After the Successful Reboot, Open App Drawer and Check for Super SU app to verify Root access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016