Samsung has pulled out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for its flagship device, Samsung Galaxy S4 recently. Samsung has concentrated on device’s security through Samsung Knox and stability and performance through the Android 4.3 update on Samsung Galaxy S4, the device was running on Android 4.2.2 out of the box.
Well, let’s get back to the topic. In the following post we will learn how we can gain root access on the Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & GT-I9505 and also how we can install the Clockwork Mod Recovery on these devices. You need to follow the simple steps explained below, but before we begin here are some precautionary measures you must take before beginning.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues on the device during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs& Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to backup all your important data.
- Make sure that you use the original data cable to connect your device to your PC.
- Make sure that your device is GT-I9500 or I9505, check the model under Settings>General>About Device>Model.
- Install the listed files carefully, follow this guide to letter in order to prevent any mishap.
While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Samsung in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download & Unzip Cf Auto Root Package file once on your desktop
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
- Put your GS4 in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the CF-autoroot file that you extracted above.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are same as shown above.
- Click Start and the root process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- The process is quite fast and will finish in a few seconds, as soon as it ends, your phone will restart and you’ll see the CF Auto root installing SuperSu on your phone.
- Congratulations you have your Samsung Galaxy S4 rooted now!
How to Install ClockworkMod [CWM] Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
The method explained above is basically for beginners and does not install a custom recovery in your phone, it simply installs a stock recovery with having your phone rooted. Custom recovery allows you to modify in your phone in so many other ways like flashing custom roms, flashing mods etc.
In order to flash a custom recovery after rooting your SGS4 download the following file.
Now you need to follow the same procedure explained above to root your phone but this time instead of giving it CF Auto Root file in the PDA tab you need to give it the downloaded CWM Advanced Edition [Philz Touch] file for your phone, the recovery will be flashed within a few seconds. You can enter the custom recovery now pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key.
Now wondering what to do with your rooted phone?
Here’s the answer for you!
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
How to keep Root after OTA Updates
The OTA updates rolled out by the manufacturers wipe the root access on your phone. In case you don’t know how you can restore the root access after OTA update, you’ll have to root your phone once again, but there is no need to do it as you can restore it using the OTA Rootkeeper App which is available in the Google Play Store. The app creates backup of your root and simply restores it after any OTA update.
Root Credits: Chainfire – Recognized Developer XDA
Recovery Credits: Phil3759 – Recognized Developer XDA
Got any questions? Feel free to leave a comment below, we’ll try our best to help you out Good Luck
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire for Windows PC and Mac - December 8, 2016
- Download Nicki Minaj The Empire APK - December 8, 2016
- Download Trusted Contacts APK - December 7, 2016