It has become a popular thing for Manufacturers to release the Mini version of their Flagship devices, but HTC brings something else in the world, instead of Mini version, HTC released a bigger version of HTC One, HTC One Max. HTC One Max, has same premium feel as its Predecessor, impressive too but on the same time a bit Bulky. If you own this Big Avatar and wants to get rid on the Locked Bootloader and Root and install Custom Recovery on it, then you are on the right spot. We will show you how it is done.
n this Article, we will show you How To Root and Install CWM Recovery On HTC one Max. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC One Max (Intl. ,Sprint, Verizon)
- First of all Unlock The Bootloader. HOW? Follow Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, goto Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Download Super SU For HTC One Max.
- Download Recovery of your Own Choice.
- CWM Recovery:
- TWRP Recovery:
How To Root and Install CWM Recovery On HTC One Max.
- Copy Super SU to your device.
- Download Recovery from the Above links and Copy the Recovery.img to Fastboot folder.
- Connect your device with PC, do-not use USB 3.0.
- Now Open Command Prompt in ADB Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the ADB folder.
- Type in the Following Command:
- Once you see your device properly connected with PC, you will see your device Serial number in the Dialog box, Continue.
- Then type the Following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Highlight Fastboot in bootloader mode and press the Power button to select it.
- Now Open Fastboot folder, make sure that you have copied the Recovery image to the Fastboot folder.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type the Following, name of recovery will change according to your choice:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-t6vzw.img
- Your Favourite Recovery will be installed on HTC One Max within minutes.
- Now Select Reboot Bootloader and Select Recovery from it.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Super SU file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back and Select Reboot System Now.
Your HTC One Max will be rebooted and after you see the Home Screen, check for Super SU app in Drawer to confirm the Root Access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016