AT&T Galaxy S4 has recently received the update of Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat and if you have updated your device to the latest version, then you must have noticed that your device is completely stock now. The root access is gone along with the Custom Recovery that you would have installed on it. Well, you can once again use CF-Auto root method to root your device again, but CF-Auto root doesn’t support Custom Recovery anymore, all it will do is to root your device and you will have to once again install Recovery using Odin method or Loki Method. However, our way is much simple, we will show you how to install the Custom recovery and root your device without doing much effort at all, and the best part, this method works always.
If you are not sure why you should root your device, here is something to ease you up. Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and Mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
Here are a little something to consider before rooting:
- Your Device must be running Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat, How Follow: Link
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGH-I337.
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
How To Install Recovery.
- Download the Recovery for Galaxy S4 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Download Odin.
- Turn off your Phone and Turn it On While Pressing, Power + Volume Down + Home button until you see some text on-screen, Press Volume Up to continue.
- Make Sure that the USB drivers are installed.
- Open Odin in Computer and connect your device to PC, while it is in the Download mode.
- If your Phone is successfully connected to PC, the Odin port will turn Yellow with COM port number.
- Now Click on PDA and select the philz_touch_6.08.9-jflteatt.tar.md5.
- In Odin, Check Auto reboot Option.
- Now Click the Start button and wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is complete you device will restart and once you see the Home Screen, unplug the cable.
How To Flash Super SU:
- Download Super SU to the root of your device.
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Recovery mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Home Buttons till you see some text on-screen
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from SDcard’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select “Reboot System Now“,
- After the Reboot, check Super SU app in drawer or use any root checker app to verify root access.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016