Rooting method sometimes can be made for all the devices using only one tool. Users of Android device cannot stand a day without a rooted device. Root toolkits are available for many devices and the methods are getting easy and easy as the time pass. Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
But there comes a time when you need to bring your device to the Stock Firmware, when it comes to Samsung, it is quite easy to install a Stock Firmware but when it comes to Google device, the process is easy but a little time consuming and also a little bit work required in this tutorial. Our case Begins with Moto G, where most of the users got stuck in bootloop and found no other way to get out but installing the Stock Firmware. All you need to do is to download the required files and follow the tutorial without any mistake.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
(XT1031, XT1032, XT1033, XT1034)
Note: Files with _umtsds in their names are meant for Dual Sim variants of Moto G only.
- Download the necessary Firmware File and extract it somewhere.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode. Go-to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging
- Configure ADB/Fastboot on your Computer:HOW? Follow: Link
- Install USB Drivers: Link
How To Restore Moto G To Stock Firmware.
Power Off your device and Open in Bootloader mode.How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen
Now Open the folder where you have extracted the Firmware files and open cmd there.How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder then Click Open Command Prompt Here
If your Firmware File has tar.gz extension,
- Then type in the following:
- For Linux and Mac uses type in the Following:
chmod +x flashall.sh
- Wait for the Firmware files to be flashed on your device, Moto G. At the end your Phone will automatically reboot.
Now if your Firmware files have xml.zip extension, then:
- Type in the following commands the cmd/terminal window one-by-one and press enter at the end of each command.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3 mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase cache mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot reboot
- Your phone will reboot automatically.
- Once your device boots up, go through the initial set-up and Enjoy
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016