Unlike Android, Apple barely allow users to replace their Default/Stock apps with a third part ones, so the Phone, Messaging and E-Mail apps will remain the same and you will have to stuck with them, Of course if your device is not Jailbroken. Once your device is Jaibroken you can do a lot of things that seems impossible in the first sight on Apple Devices including the replacement of default Messaging app in iOS 7.
Thanks to BiteSMS and the Team behind it, now users of iOS 7 can replace the Stock Boring Messaging app and use a brand new BiteSMS app, which is of-course only for Jailbroken devices.With tons of new features, including quick reply and quick compose, adding contact pics to the messaging threads, and tons of customization options, it’s worth checking out and the Best Part it is Free.
Jailbreak your iOS Device.
Since the following tutorial needs an iOS device which is Jailbroken, you need to Jailbreak your device. If your device is still in its normal condition. Follow our Jailbreak Section to find out how to Jailbreak your device
Add BiteSMS Repo To Cydia
- Open Cydia.
- Tap Manage at the Bottom.
- Open Sources.
- Navigate to Edit at bottom.
- Tap on Add on the Left.
- Enter the Following in the Text Field, http://test-cydia.bitesms.com, and hit Add Source.
- Return to Cydia
- Open App Store.
- Search for BiteSMS .
- Tap BiteSMS once the search is over.
- Tap Install in the top right corner.
- Tap Confirm.
- Let it install.
- Tap Restart.
How To Use BiteSMS
- Open BiteSMS from the spot where your Previous messaging app was.
- Pull down from the top to get the search bar to open at top
- Tap Settings and on the left of Search bar.
- Explore the bunch of settings and change them as you like
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016