You must have heard of this word “Bloatware” while flashing new custom ROM, some are bloatware free, and sometimes you come across some bloatware removers. Basically, Bloatware are the stock applications installed by the manufacturers, that are region specific or installed by different carriers like At&t, T-Mobile, Verizon and others in order to add an exclusive touch of their company to the carrier branded phones. These applications are called bloatware because they eat up a lot of memory, that may be consumed by something important on the smartphone, or that memory maybe availed by some data to be stored on the device. Bloatware applications can sometimes slower down the performance and speed of your Android smartphone.
The reason why some people prefer using custom ROMs is, custom ROMs do not contain any useless application or any bloatware. But custom ROMs, at times are not the choice to go with, specially when you’re not an Android freak and you’ve no good idea of using a custom ROM and also, custom ROMs have a maximum chance of bugs and may not be kept for everyday’s use. In this case, the only solution left around is, removing bloatware applications from the stock firmware of your device. There has been a number of methods available over different forums to remove bloatware, but all these methods were either device specific or manufacturer specific. A universal method is what everyone will comfortable with, and something similar has landed in the Google Play Store.
Here’s how you can use this application:
- Make sure that your device is rooted.
- Install NoBloat Free from Google Play Store.
- Identify bloatware apps on your device first.
- Now open NoBloat from the app drawer.
- Select the bloatware applications that you want to get rid off from.
- Make sure that you do not select any such application that’s being used by the system. For example, launcher, camera, gallery or any other system application.
- Backup the applications.
- Delete or disable the applications.
- Your device should be working perfectly great now.
- That’s All!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to logout of Facebook Messenger on Android and iPhone - February 25, 2017
- How to install Google Play Store on Chinese OnePlus phones - February 25, 2017
- Download Deadtale Online for Undertale for PC - February 22, 2017