Ever deleted important data from your Android device by mistake? Well, it happens often and personally, I have deleted many precious images and videos from my smartphone. Luckily, our hasty mistakes are not permanent and we don’t have to whine about it for the rest of the day. Recovering lost data is a bit tricky task and it doesn’t yield positive results always. However, it’s the last rescue operation we can perform to get our precious data back.
Recovering lost data involves a lot of factors and time is the most crucial among them. Don’t save anything else to your device or switch it off. It’s essential that you block all the write operations to your device’s storage which means you need to put into Airplane mode for the time being and don’t copy any files to the device. These precautions ensure that the deleted data is still safe under the trashed blocks of your SDcard or internal storage. Now, we will see how to recover lost data on both rooted and non-rooted Android devices.
Recover lost data on Rooted Android Devices
- Download Undeleter app from Google Play Store.
- The app is pretty straightforward and simple. First you need to select the storage device from which you want to retrieve your data. It can be either Internal storage or external storage (SDcard).
- Grant root permissions for the app if prompted.
- Now, scan your device for deleted files. It will take some time for the scan to complete, depending on the storage device size and the access speed of the storage.
- Once restored, you can retrieve the data from several tabs – Files, pictures, music, videos and documents.
- Simply select the file you want to restore and you can restore it to the place of origin or to another location.
The above procedure is efficient and can recover most of the lost data. However, you can also use the below method which works on all Android device, both rooted and non-rooted.
Recover lost data on All Android Devices
In this method, you’ll need to install any data recovery software on your PC. There are a lot of data recovery software in the market and you can pick any program from the lot. Today, we will show you how to recover lost data using the Dr.Fone Android Data Recovery tool. So, let’s see how to bring back your lost data.
- Download the Dr.Fone Android Data Recovery Tool from here.
- Install the program on your Windows PC and launch the software.
- After you launch the software, you’ll see a screen prompting you to connect your Android device to the PC. So, connect your device with a good quality USB cable.
- While connecting, make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. If you haven’t enabled it, you can enable it from Settings » Developer Options » USB Debugging. (If you don’t see Developer Options in Settings, go to About Phone » tap Build Number 7 times to enable it.)
- Once the software detects your smartphone, click Next to begin analyzing the device. It will take some time for the scan to complete and it totally depends on the write speed, storage size and amount of data you have on the device. If you’ve rooted your device, you can also grant root permissions if prompted.
- Finally, after the scan is completed, select the files you want to recover and click on the Recover button to restore your lost files.
That’s it. So, you were able to recover your lost files? Let us know.
Latest posts by Abdullah Akbar (see all)
- Enhance Audio Quality on your Android Device with Viper4Android - February 7, 2016
- How to Play Desktop Games On Your iPad Or Android Tablet - February 7, 2016
- How to Install User Apps as System Apps in Android - February 4, 2016