Good day, OnePlus One users! I have been waiting for this moment for the past two months myself, and the day has arrived. OnePlus not-so-recently announced its latest ROM, which was known as OxygenOS. This Custom ROM was hyped for a long time. OxygenOS was meant to be released on the 12th of February, but it was only announced back then. From then onwards, every single OnePlus One user was eagerly waiting for the Update to arrive. Recently, OnePlus also declared a date (27th March) on which the ROM was supposed to be released. Alas, they once again didn’t keep their promise due to some Certification problems. But, today, OnePlus proudly announced its very own Custom ROM. I installed it the minute it was released, and yes, it is not an OTA. You need to flash OxygenOS like any other Custom ROM. If you happen to own a OnePlus One, and really want to enjoy the sweetness of the new OxygenOS, then this guide is specifically made for you! Here are the simple steps that you need to follow in order to install OxygenOS on your OnePlus One!
- A rooted OnePlus One.
- A OnePlus One with a Custom Recovery Installed. Follow our Guides to install TWRP by clicking here.
- OxygenOS Official Custom ROM. Download.
- Make sure that your OnePlus One’s battery is charged atleast upto 60% to prevent any abrupt shutdowns in between the process.
- You need to backup each and everything before you proceed. Use the following links to be on the safe side.
- Download the OxygenOS Custom ROM package from above.
- Connect your OnePlus One to your PC now.
- Transfer this .ZIP file onto your OnePlus One’s internal memory.
- Now disconnect your OnePlus One and turn it off.
- Boot into TWRP recovery now, in order to do so, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down Power Key. You should see the recovery mode in a while.
- Now in TWRP recovery, wipe cache, factory data reset and in advanced options > dalvik cache.
- After wiping all of these three options, select the “Install” option.
- Now select “Install > Choose Zip from SD card > Select OxygenOS…file.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash the ROM in your phone, once done get back to the main menu in recovery.
- Reboot your device.
- You should see the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop running on your OnePlus One in a while. This is the official OxygenOS ROM!
- Great! Now you have the latest and sweetest version of Android installed on your OnePlus One now!
Got any question? Ask me in the comments below
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016