The Flagship killer, OnePlus One, is getting popular among users, since getting it is quite a heck of a job, so those who can’t get their hands on it start asking for its default applications, Like Gallery, lock-Screen, Camera etc., So those developers who purchased the OnePlus One, start porting these apps to other devices, but the OS compatibility was a problem, in the end it was decided that all the devices running CM 11 or CM 11 based Firmwares can install these Apps. OnePlus One is running CM11S which is quite a popularity gainer itself, after the release of OnePlus One to general public,everyone thought that CM11S will also be released for other devices too, but that didn’t happen, another reason why these apps are being ported to CM 11 devices.
However, you won’t get these apps with another update of CM11, you need to manually flash them, since the enthusiasts users of Android doesn’t want to give up on this devices just like that, so they are making sure that everyone who can’t get their hands on OnePlus One, shouldn’t feel bad, at-least a little. The XDA member, Geo411m, who ported the Gallery, Camera, Lock-Screen and Audio FX of OnePlus One to CM11, So all you need for now is the CM11 installed on your device.
1. This is only for Devices Running CM11!
These Apps is only for the device running CM11. Make sure that your device is running the mentioned OS, otherwise, we are not responsible for a bricked device
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OnePlus in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
OnePlus One apps: Link
How To Install These Apps.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- Highlight Recovery In Bootloader, and Press Power Button To Select it
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the zip files and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Install all the Zip files one by one
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Zip files and select them, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
After a successful reboot, your device will be showing you the Beautiful apps of CM11s, of OnePlus One
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016