Want to root your Sony Xperia device? Well the guys at the xda developers forum have made it a lot easier for you. You just need to go through this rooting guide and gain the root access on your Sony Xperia device. As off now this method is working for 21 Sony Devices including Sony Xperia Z, Zl, Tablet Z, Xperia S, Xperia P and more, perhaps more Sony Devices will be added to the supported list soon.
What does the root access means? Well here is the answer to your question.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access of all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes the removing the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms.
While rooting your phone, please keep it in mind that the Root Process isn’t official and has nothing to deal with Google Inc and the device manufacturer, which is Sony in our case. Follow the guide carefully to prevent any damages to the device as the method is completely custom.
Here is a list of the devices, which are currently supported by this method.
Before heading to the root method, here are the must apply guidelines and pre-requisites to prevent any data loss / damage / bricking.
- Follow the steps to root your phone carefully, do not mess with any extra thing, this may result in malfunctioning/bricking your device. Select your device carefully from the supported devices list above, In-case your device is not listed above, this rooting method may result in bricking it.
- As soon as you root your device, you will void the warranty of your device.
- The warranty can be gained back using an un-root method, or by flashing a stock rom into your phone again. Any official update will also put your warranty back.
- Make sure to backup your internal sd card’s data, also take backup of your contacts, messages etc. Taking the backup is quite safe as the rooting may result in any kind of mishap during the procedure. You can lookout for the appropriate backup applications in the Google Play Store.
- Setup your computer, your Sony Xperia device using its data cable with the computer as you will run this tool using your computer, Before connecting your device, make sure that you enable the USB Debugging mode on your phone. you may find the USB Debugging mode in Settings > Applicatoins >Development > USB Debugging.
- The rooting process may take a few seconds, but it safer & recommended to have your phone charged over 60%.
- Make sure to deactivate the windows firewall & any anti virus program if you have before running the tool, having it activated may interrupt the root process.
Now here is how you will root your phone.
- First of all you need the rooting package on your computer, Click here to download the one click root tool from the xda developers page.
- Save the file anywhere on your computer, unzip the file.
- After unzipping it, execute the runme.bat file.
- Connect your Xperia device with the computer following the guidelines explained above.
- Make sure that you use the official/stock USB cable for establishing the connection between your device and the computer.
- Now come back to the root tool, follow the directions on the tool’s screen and get the root access on your phone.
- As soon as the process if completed, unplug your phone and reboot it!
[ Update ]: One Click root method has been patched for Sony Xperia S & SL running on the latest firmware. In order to root these two smartphones you may use this thread.
[Update]: To root your Xperia Z (C6602/3) FW 10.3.1.A.0.244 follow this post
[Update]: To root your Xperia Z1 follow this post.
[Update]: To root your Xperia SP (C5303/2) FW 12.0.A.2.254 follow this post.
Hurray! You’ve rooted your Sony Xperia Phone / Tablet successfully now. We would love to get your feedback if you used this guide to root your phone. Leave us a comment in case you got an queries. Good Luck!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017