Planning to get your hands on LG’s latest beast LG G3? Well, if you’re going for one, that’s just great. With G3, LG has simply outdated the devices by all of its rival manufacturers. G3 is cool enough to win LG some respect, the device is beautiful, its brushed metallic alike plastic body adds charm to its look and makes it feel premium. G3 comes with a QHD display, while other specs are also the highest on the list, the special feature in this smartphone is it’s laser auto focus that enhances the photography with LG G3 greatly.
That was about the device, let’s get back to our target now. Once you get your hands on this device, you may want to go beyond the boundaries settled by the manufacturer and test the limitations of your device by using different applications or apply different mods with applications. The very basic thing you need to break the walls on your device is the root access. While the device is new, you may not be able to easily find a working method. To make it easy for you guys, we’ve found something that works perfectly. In the following post we are going to Root LG G3 using One-Click tool named as IOroot. Thanks to XDA developer Autoprime for bringing up this great tool, that is capable of rooting so many LG devices and the recent update now roots LG G3 as well.
Before we head towards the working and functionality of this tool, let’s have a look on a brief intro of the root access in order to clear any confusions that the newbies may have regarding root privileges.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom roms. By installing custom recovery, you can flash custom ROMs in the phone easily. Custom recovery also let’s you backup your current rom and restore it in case of any mishap. There is a laundry list of things you can do after having your device rooted and installed the custom recovery, now once you’re rooted and have installed custom recovery, go ahead and enjoy it on your phone. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
- This method is only on for LG G3, for the variants listed below. Do not try this on any other device as it may result in bricking it.
- You must have installed LG USB drivers.
- Your device must be charged at least 80%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. You can turn on developer options by tapping build number 7 times in about device, and after that enable USB debugging.
- Enable Flight Mode on your LG G3, Verizon LG G3 users should use Ethernet mode instead.
- Remove any PIN/Pattern lock from your LG G3, change the screen on time to 4 – 5 minutes from display settings.
- Use only on OEM datacable to establish connection between your PC and your phone.
- Disable any anti-virus / firewalls if activated on your PC.
- Make sure that your PC / Laptop has appropriate power connection or battery.
- IOroot works well on Windows, MAC and Linux, you don’t need to worry about that.
IOroot tool works with:
- International LG G3 D855.
- Canadian LG G3 D852
- Korean LG G3 F400/400K/400L
Check out this to root Verizon, Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile LG G3
Root LG G3 using IOroot:
- Follow the above instructions carefully at first.
- Download IOroot.zip file and extract it on your desktop.
- Connect your LG G3 to your PC now.
- Run the root.bat or root.sh from the extracted .zip file.
- Once the CMD appears and your phone is properly connected, hit the Enter key or any other key.
- Wait and the tool will do rest of the job.
- That’s all!
Just in case you’re struck with something regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your query. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!