Hoola! here we are with another fast update of Android 4.4.2 for HTC One Google Edition. This update has started rolling out for Many devices, namely most of the Google Devices including Google Edition devices. We have already showed you how to install Android 4.4.2 on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. And today we will show you how to install it on Android 4.4.2. The OTA has already begun to roll out, but it haven’t reached everyone. For those who can’t wait for the OTA, can follow this guide, it will first install Android 4.4 then install Android 4.4.2 on your HTC One. You can manually install it if you can’t wait for the OTA update, The build after the update is 4.4.2 KOT49H and the firmware version is 3.62.1700.1.
In this Article, we will show you How To Manually Update HTC One Google Edition to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Nexus 4.
- Your device must be on Stock ROM.
How To Manually Update HTC One Google Edition to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.
1. Reboot your device into Recovery mode. Now go to Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons till you see some text on-screen. Choose Recovery from Bootloader. Press and Hold Volume Up + Volume Down to get into recovery.
2. Once the Device is in Recovery, Connect your device with PC.
3. Use Volume Keys to highlight Apply update from ADB, and select it using Power Button.
4. Open Command Prompt in folder you downloaded the OTA files, Press and hold Shift Key + Right Click anywhere in the folder and click ‘Open Command Window here’
5. Type the Following command to Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat First:
adb sideload 545beb486164aacd05129a1f1c221721ab0d1e97.OTA_M7_UL_K44_STOCK_UI_MR_Google_WWE_3.58.1700.5-3.07.1700.1_release_341696.zip
6. Then Type this to Install Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat:
adb sideload 0fd76b215965552cac74cd68e97393244b330fc6.OTA_M7_UL_K44_STOCK_UI_MR_Google_WWE_3.62.1700.1-3.58.1700.5_release_343526.zip
The Process will begin, once it is done, you will be prompted, Select Reboot System Now, to boot your HTC One into the Latest Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016