Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are undoubtedly the best smartphones you will find at this time of the year. Samsung is all set to ship the phones start April 18, 2017. Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus both are real powerhouses when it comes to the specifications of these phones. The standard Galaxy S8 carries a 5.8 inch while the S8 Plus carries a 6.2 inch WQHD display. These phones are carrying Samsung’s latest Exynos CPU or the Snapdragon 835 CPU with a 4 GB RAM. Standard storage on both the phones is 64 GB and they do support microSD card up to 256 GB. Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus 3000 and 3500 mAh battery juice respectively. These phones run on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
Now if you have bought a new Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, you will definitely want to take a lot of precautionary measures to add extra protection to your phone and the data residing it. First off, it will be very much unfortunate if you loose your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. But if the unfortunate thing is supposed to happen, you can’t stop it by any means. The new Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus can be easily stolen or you can end up forgetting yoru phone somehwere. In such a case, you won’t want to give up finding your phone. If you had taken the extra measures to protect your phone the day you bought it, you will be able to come up with a clue of where your phone is.
It’s quite an easy process to locate lost Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus if you have setup Find My Mobile or the Android Device Manager on it. By default, the Find My Mobile service is pre-activated on all Samsung Galaxy smartphones and the Android Device Manager is s pre-isntalled and activated on all Android smartphones. For Find My Mobile, your phone must have a Samsung account and for Android Device Manager, your phone must have a Google account logged in.
If you had your phone setup completely, there is a 100% chance that both these services are working on your phone. Let’s snoop into both the methods and see which one helps you track and locate your lost Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus.
Locate lost Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus
Locate lost Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus using Find My Mobile
- Open Samsung Find My Mobile webpage.
- Login into the Samsung Find My Mobile page from your computer or any other device.
- Make sure you are using the account that you used to sign into Samsung account on your phone.
- Find My Mobile will show a map, if the map is empty then click on “Switch Map”. It will give you the last location of your phone and also the current location of the phone.
- Find My Mobile will bring also bring a list of options on the right side which will be as
- RING MY DEVICE
- LOCK MY DEVICE
- WIPE MY DEVICE
- Now depending on your choice, you can Ring your phone, you can remotely lock and yes, you can remotely wipe it to delete all your personal data from the phone.
- Choose your preference now and track your lost phone. That’s all.
Locate Lost Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus using Android Device Manager
- Open Android Device Manager webpage and login using the same account you used on your phone.
- Andorid Device Manager will show up with a map and also the ring and erase options.
- Now depending on your preference, you can pin point where your phone is and you can also ring it to find it nearby or you can remotely lock and wipe it.
- That’s all.
So that’s the method to get back to your lost or stolent phone. Using the method above, you can also protect your data from falling into the wrong hands. This process can be used regardless of your location. Remotely wiping your phone wipes off all of your images, credentials, media content and messages/contacts as well. In case you need further help with your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus, you can drop in your query through the comment box below or through our contact us page.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017