Remix OS is the custom version of Android that runs on a PC and allows you to run all of your favourite Android games and applications on a bigger screen. Remix OS from Jide is built on Android-x86 Project. Remix OS redefines PC mobility. You can pack it inside a USB stick and take it anywhere with you and launch it on the go. There are different methods to run Remix OS, you can pick up the one that suites you the best. Remix OS is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It’s actually an engineered version of Android Lollipop that is optimised and customised to run on a PC. The OS provides a beautiful UI and a smooth computing experience. Remix OS is available for both Windows and Mac OS X.
Remix OS has changed the way we used to use Android on our desktop PC. Remix OS took over traditional Android emulators within a month. The early builds of Remix OS had some annoying bugs, but with the new updates Jide seems to be fixing it. Remix OS was available for 64-bit PCs only, but due to a very high demand of 32-bit version, Jide came up with a 32-bit Remix OS for PC a couple of days back. You can now enjoy Remix OS for PC on both, the 32-bit and 64-bit OS powering up your desktop PC or laptop.
The succeeding guide will take you through a comprehensive guide to install Remix OS on a USB stick and then launch Remix OS for PC on a Windows OS (32-bit/64-bit). Let’s go through early preparations in order to get this done now.
How To Launch Remix OS for PC (Windows 32-bit/64-bit)
Required Hardware & Software
- A USB 3.0 with minimum of 8GB storage and FAT32 formatted.
- A Windows PC running Windows 7,8,8.1,10 desktop / Laptop – 32-bit/64-bit.
- Download and extract Remix OS 2.0 Legacy Package file: Windows 64-bit | Windows 32 – bit.
- Enable legacy boot mode from the BIOS of your Windows PC.
Create a Remix OS 2.0 bootable USB disk and launch it
- Open the extracted Remix OS 2.0 folder, you will find an ISO file inside this folder alongside a Remix USB Tool.
- Connect your USB 3.0 flash drive to your PC / Laptop now. Format it using FAT32 system as stated above in the requirements.
- Now launch the Remix USB Tool.
- Select the Remix OS 2.0.iso file in the USB Tool and create a Remix OS 2.0 bootable disk now.
- Now leave your USB drive connected to your computer.
- Restart your PC.
- As soon as your PC boots up, you’ve to enter boot menu. To do so, press F12 Key. This key maybe different for your PC, you can look over search engines to find out what Key for your computer will take you to the boot menu. For most of the PCs it’s F12 Key.
- Now that you’re in the Boot Menu, select “USB Storage Device” in the Legacy Boot.
- Now Remix OS will boot up and ask you whether you want to run it as Guest Mode or in Resident Mode. Select Resident Mode since you will want to save all your data and information in Remix OS. Guest mode will save nothing at all.
- Remix OS 2.0 will begin to configure and show you the logs on screen. It can take up to 10 minutes for Remix OS 2.0 to completely boot up.
- As Remix OS 2.0 boots up, select your desired language. After selecting the language, accept the license agreement and then connect to your internet connection.
- Your Remix OS 2.0 will be all set and you can begin to use it now. That’s all. Best of luck.
- In order to boot into Remix OS 2.0 every time, you’ve to connect the USB 3.0 flash drive and follow the same steps (Step 5 – 9).
In case your Remix OS 2.0 doesn’t have Google Play Store and Google Play Services, then follow this guide to install both these on it.
Mac OS X users can follow this guide to install Remix OS 2.0. on their Macbook Air, Macbook Pro and iMac.
Got any problems with the Remix OS 2.0 installation? No worries, reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016