Apple’s recent firmware update iOS 7.1 has patched evasi0n that has left the developers in thoughts to find a new way to Jailbreak this new strict firmware. This may cause a little worry for the Jailbreak users until and unless there is a way to get beyond the boundaries on your iOS device. While the research work is going on, a method to Jailbreak iPhone 4 running iOS 7 has already landed. The new method is includes the use of Geeksn0w that is based on wincom’s opensn0w project that is works on Geohot’s exploit limera1n bootrom that came out in 2010. Geeksn0w only works with iPhone 4, that means you won’t be able to use this tootl on any other device in case you want to break the jail. It is important to know about Geeksn0w first and only then we recommend you to head towards further instructions.
Before we head towards the Jailbreak Tethered instructions, it may be kept in mind that iOS 7.1’s Jailbreak Tethered temper will prompt the users to boot their device Tethered when ever the power will be cycled.
iPhone 4 – CDMA Verizon | At&t and Global Editions | GSM Revision A
Pre-requisites / Important Instructions:
- Your device must be an iPhone 4 and must be running iOS 7.1. Please check it in General section of your device.
- It always good to backup all your important data before you proceed.
- An original data cable to avoid any connection issues is required.
- Geeksn0w for Windows – Get it here.
- Latest version of iTunes installed on your PC. – Get it here.
- You may need the following tools to run Geeksn0w: Java DK | .Net Frameworks
How to Jailbreak Tethered iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1:
- Download Geeksn0w, iTunes, Java Development Kit, .Net Frameworks and install all these.
- Once installed open Geeksn0w.
- Connect your iPhone 4 to your PC.
- Enter DFU mode while your iPhone 4 is connected to your PC. In order to do so, press and hold Power + Home Button on your iPhone 4 for about 10 seconds, after 10 seconds leave the Power button only and keep holding the Home Button for 10 seconds more.
- Now, inside Geeksn0w click on “Jailbreak” and chose your iPhone 4 depending on it’s model.
- Now leave your iPhone 4 connected to your PC, as soon as Geeksn0w prompts, you should put your device in DFU mode using the same method in step 4.
- As soon as your iPhone 4 reboots, Geeksn0w will automatically reboot it in 2 minutes in order to show the installation progress finished and once again you will have to reboot your device in DFU mode using the same method in step 4.
- As soon as the installation is completely ended and your device has rebooted for the last time, it will now have Cydia installed on it, but it won’t be usable until your device reboots.
- As mentioned, you will have to boot your iphone 4 everytime Tethered with Geeksn0w after you reboot it.
That’s all. You should now have successfully jailbroken your iOS 7.1 powered iPhone 4. In case you got any queries or difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and drop us your words. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017