The only reason for you not to upgrade to the latest version of Android, Lollipop might be because of its inability to handle the much powerful Xposed Framework. Xposed Framework can do almost any task you throw at it. Don’t like the WiFi icon, poof! It’s changed! But if you really are a hardcore Android fanboy/fangirl, then you might want to update to the latest and sweetest version of Android of all time, which is Lollipop. But the fact that it still doesn’t support Xposed might put you into a dilemma. Worry not! With the incredible growing community of Android, some developers have already ported the much famous and power Xposed to Android Lollipop! In this guide, we are going to show you all how to install Xposed Framework on your Android Lollipop device.
- Must be running Android Lollipop. (duh.)
- Your Android Lollipop device must be rooted, and with a custom Recovery installed.
- Note that this is still in beta. Some TouchWiz users reported bootloops on their devices.
- Make sure that the ‘Unknown Sources‘ checkbox is enabled in Settings>Security.
- Also, make sure that you have enabled ‘USB Debugging‘ from Settings>Developer Options.
Following are the most important downloads that you need in order to run and install Xposed Framework on your Android Lollipop Device!
How To Install Xposed Framework On Android Lollipop Devices
Once everything you need is set, proceed with following the steps below.
- Download both the files, and save it on your PC.
- Now, connect your Android smartphone, and transfer both the files to your internal memory.
- Reboot your device into the Recovery Mode.
- Now, tap on ‘Install’ and find and select the .ZIP file that you earlier downloaded.
- When it has been installed, reboot your Android device. Note that this might take a lot of time, so don’t freak out.
- Now, open up file manager, and find and install the .APK file that you downloaded earlier. This is the Installer file.
- Reboot your Android Lollipop device for best results.
Voila! You’ve successfully installed Xposed Framework on your Android Lollipop device! Now you can surf and install the best of the best modules on your Android Lollipop device too! If you have any queries with regard to this guide, make sure you leave us a comment below!
Current Devices : OnePlus One, Samsung Galaxy S2, Micromax Canvas HD, Samsung Galaxy Ace
Latest posts by Adnan Ahmed (see all)
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat On Google Nexus Devices - August 23, 2016
- 6 best things about Android 7.0 Nougat - August 23, 2016
- Here’s the best Tech you can get under 1 Dollar - July 3, 2016