SafeStrap recovery is available for AT&T Galaxy S5 and developers are creating ROMs especially to work with this Recovery. One XDA thread is found to be the only ROM for this specific device and as mentioned before, sometimes carrier bounded variants get a lot more than what an international variant can not get. While on the other hand, international variant can receive a lot of support which is quite necessary now-a-days, because of the users messing with their devices. SafeStrap recovery is for devices with locked Bootloaders, it doesn’t mess with the System instead it creates a whole new system within the primary system, however you can erase the current primary system and flash a new one in it.
Now let’s talk a little about ViSiX ROM, it is completely based on the Android 4.4.2, Stock looks, Fast and Smooth, not to mention Clean and Stable, with insane battery life, Pre-rooted and BusyBox already installed, although you need BusyBox and Root access to install this ROM, as SafeStrap requires both of these things. LTE support is there, so you don’t have to worry about connectivity. Rest is up-to you to explore.
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SM-G900A.
- Do-not try it on any Galaxy S5 carrier bounded variant.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Root Your Device: Link
- Install SafeStrap Recovery, It will not work with any other Recovery: Link
- Open SafeStrap from the HomeScreen.
- Choose the Back-up Option.
- Now Choose, System, Data and Cache.
- Tap Swipe To Back-up, once done, press the Home button on the left.
- Now Choose Wipe Option, then Advance Wipe.
- Check all the options except the Micro Sd.
- Tap Swipe to Wipe, and once done, press the HomeButton on the Bottom Left.
- Choose Install Options and install the Visix ROM.
- Do not touch for 5-minutes when is done to get better results.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016