Galaxy S3 Mini is still running on the Android version that it brought up out of the box, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The device is in que to receive any further Android updates, but the best you can do for now is to have some nice stock based custom ROM or a complete custom ROM to enhance the functionality of your Mini S3. We’ve found something similar today, it’s a stock based custom ROM named as VIRGINITY and is currently it’s V9 is available. Thanks to XDA senior member joelalmeidaptg for developing this great ROM and giving an enhanced life to the Galaxy S3 Mini.
As we move forward, we’ll go through the ROM features, installation pre-requisites and installation instructions. What you should keep in mind is this is a stock based custom ROM as said above, and is based on the i8190XXANA2 stock firmware. The ROM packs up smoothness, is responsive, battery life is amazing and also packs up some nice apps ported from S4. Installation is AROMA installer supported and is fully customizable. Although it is a proper, stable and smooth custom ROM but we still recommend that you should only flash this ROM if you’re familiar with custom ROMs and you actually know that what are you going to do. Let’s go through VIRGINITY ROM V9’s features now.
Here are some important pre-requisites and installation instructions:
- This ROM works for all the variants of the Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 or i8190L. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model under settings > About device > Model.
- Your device must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- It is highly recommended that you make a nandroid backup of your device using a custom recovery. This is handy in case something goes wrong and you want to get your older system back immediately.
- Use the OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as you may have to go through data wipes during installation process. Here are the backup procedures.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Your device must have a CWM or TWRP Recovery installed. Follow the full guide here to install one.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
How to Install VIRGINITY V9 Custom ROM on Galaxy S III Mini:
- Download VIRGINITY V9 Custom ROM.zip file and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into CWM recovery. To do so turn off your device completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key.
- Once in CWM, wipe factory data reset. This will wipe your device for ROM installation.
- Now in CWM recovery, select “Install Zip>Choose Zip form SD / ext SD card>Select the VIRGINITY V9” and then select Yes to proceed.
- This will start Aroma Installer now.
- The installer is self explanatory, proceed with the ROM installation.
- Make the selections you want.
- Finish the installation.
- Phewww! You’re done installing VIRGINITY V9 ROM on your phone.
Here are some screenshots from this ROM:
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017