ViperOneM8 ROM for the HTC One M8 is getting much popular and seems to be one of the best custom ROMs to go with for now. Based on Sense 6.0 UI, ViperOneM8 works on Stock kernel of the HTC One M8. This ROM is loaded with tons of features that can make your HTC One M8 go beyond the boundaries and let you test it’s tolerance. All the credits for making this great custom ROM goes to Team Venom.
Let’s head towards our target now. In the following post we are going to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat ViperOneM8 Custom ROM on HTC One M8 [All Variants]. Before you head towards the installation instructions, you need to make sure that you’re familiar with the custom ROMs, and you are capable of handling any mishap that a custom ROM may cause. A custom ROM may not be kept for everyday’s use as it has chances of bugs. Let’s move forward now.
Let’s have a look on the features of this ROM and then head towards the guide:
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is for HTC One M8 [International]. Do not try this on any other device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged, at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to avoid and power issues during the flashing process.
- Your device must have an unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery installed. Here’s our full guide on how to unlock bootloader, achieve S-OFF and install CWM recovery.
- Make sure that you backup all your important contacts, messages, call logs and all other media content as unlocking the bootloader will completely wipe your phone.
- Once flashed CWM, don’t forget to create a Nandroid Backup. This is highly recommended in case the new system fails and you need to go back to your old system immediately.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. In order to do so go to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging. If you couldn’t find the developer options in settings then you need to activate the developer options first. In order to do so go to Settings > About and tap the ”Build Number” 7 times and your developer options should appear now.
- Disable your windows firewall and any anti virus programs if installed in order to prevent any interruption.
- Use your device’s genuine data cable to connect it to your computer.
Note: All these process will result in voiding the warranty of your device. In case of any mishap, we may not be held responsible with what’s happening or what happened to your device, nor the manufacturer “HTC” will be held responsible as all these process are highly custom. Make sure that whatever you’re doing, you’ve enough knowledge of that and you’re doing it at your own risk.
Here’s How to Flash ViperOneM8 Custom ROM on your HTC One M8:
- Download ViperOneM8 ROM.zip file.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Copy the downloaded .zip file to your phone’s SDcard.
- Once copied, unplug your phone and turn it off.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Down + Power Key. You should be in Hboot mode now, select Recovery here and you should be in the CWM recover that you installed above.
- In CWM recovery select “Install > Choose Zip from SDcard > Locate the ROM.zip file > Yes”.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it using the instructions in the AROMA installer.
- You can select the mods you want to flash during the installation with AROMA installer.
- You may wipe data, cache and dalvik cache for better performance results.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Pheww! You’re on ViperOneM8 now.
If the ROM is good enough to impress you, please consider buying the developer a beer.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or you’re stuck somewhere regarding this post, don’t hesitate to reach us through comment box below. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017