We should be thankful, almost all the times, to the 3rd party developers, for providing us such support that shouldn’t be there if these developer won’t provide us. However, these ROMs are most of the times in the their Alpha stage and must have a lot of bugs and performance issues, but if the developer keeps providing the support and necessary update, in just a matter of time, you’ll receive the a Clean ROM. These Custom ROMs are best for those device, whose official support has been stopped for quite a time, if we put the list of such device and then mention the one on the Topic, then it will take a whole hour to compile it, so let’s just skip it and get on the Topic.
CyanogenMod 12 is available for Motorola Droid RAZR, the ROM is un-official and has nothing to do with the Team Cyanogen, however, the developer has mentioned that he will keep bringing the updates as long as Team Cyanogen keeps the support. There are no bugs mentioned by the developer, so it is up-to you to find it. In this article, we will show you How to Install Un-official CyanogenMod 12 on Motorola Droid RAZR , However, if you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Motorola Droid RAZR by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Motorola but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
1. This is only for Motorola Droid RAZR !
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery, a SafeStrap recovery is required to flash this ROM. You need to root your device too, so follow the Root link to do so
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Motorola in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CyanogenMod ROM: Link
SafeStrap Recovery: Link
How to Install the SafeStrap Recovery:
- Run the Old Safestrap Application
- Un-install the Recovery using the app.
- Un-install the Safestrap app too.
- Now Download and Install the above mentioned Safestrap app.
- Re-install the app using the Standard App.
- Re-install the Safestrap recovery using the new app
How to Install CyanogenMod 12:
- Download the ROM file.
- Open SafeStrap Recovery.
- You must Flash the ROM on Motorola stock
- Now Choose Wipe > Advance Wipe.
- Check all option except Micro SD.
- Choose Install option and Install ROM.
- Flash Super SU to root your device.
- Reboot the device, first boot may take up-to 10 minutes, so please be patient
- Once the device boots up, you are ready to use this amazing ROM
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016