After presenting the very first ROM for Verizon Galaxy Note 4, now it is time for other variants to get the latest update. Since Samsung hasn’t released any official words for their device getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop update, users have to look for alternate ways to check the Latest ROMs on their device. With the help of a custom ROM and there is nothing better than using the Pure Android experience that is stable and smooth and also don’t consume much space and free of alot of restrictions. No other custom ROM is better than CM 12 when it comes to such experience.
CyanogenMod 12, although un-official is available for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 and most probably the only ROM which has the Materialized Apps and stuff in it, the only problems are the Low volume in Video Recording, Wi-Fi calling doesn’t work and a little more will be there, so don’t be surprised.In this article, we will sow you how to Install Un-Official CM 12 on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4, If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM. . Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the ROM features and early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device.
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup EFS
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Samsung in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
CyanogenMod 12: Link
Google Apps: Link
How to Install this ROM:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode.
- How?turn it off and wait for 10 seconds.
- Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the CM12.zip, Gapps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016