Galaxy Tab S 10.5 under Sprint’s umbrella comes as SM-T807P. Sprint also updated its Tab S 10.5 to latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop few months back. New firmware brings new UI and some core enhancements. Google’s changes in the Android Lollipop made it a bit difficult to root. Previous Android versions were much easier to root. When Android 5.0.2 rolled out for Sprint Galaxy Tab S, at that time there was no method to root this device which caused some a little inconvenience for Android power users. If you’re one of the power users who has been willing to root the Tab S 10.5 by Sprint running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop, you may avail this chance now.
TWRP recovery is now available for the Tab S 10.5 SM-T807P. Now that the custom recovery is there, that means you can flash files using this custom recovery. You can easily flash SuperSu.zip file on your Tab S 10.5 using TWRP recovery and root it right away. Just in case you’re going to root your device for the first time, you may want to know a little bit about the advantages of root access. Rooting your Tab S 10.5 will help you to remove bloatware, create an EFS and Nandroid Backup, install root specific applications to bring new features to your Tab and enhance performance, battery life of your device. There’s a lot more you can do with your device after rooting it. The custom recovery has its advantages is well, it will not only allow you to flash custom files, but it will also allow you to create Nandroid backup, wipe cache an dalvik cache, mount your phone as a USB drive while you’re in recovery mode and a lot more.
We’ve already posted a method to root other variants of Tab S 10.5 running Android Lollipop. In the following post we are going to teach how you can install TWRP recovery and root your Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T807P. Let’s go ahead without any further ado and root the device now.
- This guide is only for Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807P. Do not try this on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50%.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your PC and your phone.
- Backup your important data as a safety measure.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom recovery and rooting the device void its warranty. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or Samsung may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk and with your full understanding.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and extract Odin 3.10.6.
- Download TWRP Recovery.tar file and save it your computer’s desktop.
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Install TWRP & Root Sprint Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807P On Android Lollipop
- Open Odin3 V3.10.6.exe that you extracted on your PC.
- Put your Tab S 10.5 in download mode now. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. Once your phone boots up, press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. The ID:COM box in the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue. This indicates that your phone is connected properly.
- Now click the “AP” tab in Odin and select the TWRP Recovery.tar file that you downloaded. It will take a second or two for Odin3 to load this file.
- If the Auto-reboot option is unticked, tick it. Leave all other options in Odin3 as they are.
- Now you’re all set to flash the recovery. Just click the start button in Odin3 and sit back.
- Once the process box above ID:COM box shows green light and flashing process is finished, disconnect your device.
- Now turn off your device properly as we are going to boot into recovery mode.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. This will boot your device in recovery mode. It should be TWRP recovery that you just installed.
- Now in TWRP recovery, select Install > locate the SuperSu.zip file and flash it.
- Once flashed, reboot your device.
- Checkout the SuperSu in application drawer. Also install BusyBox from Play Store.
- Verify root access using Root Checker.
- That’s all. You’re now set to unleash the open source nature of Android.
Stuck with anything? Reach us out through the comment box below!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016
- Download and install official Pixel Launcher on Android [APK] - October 19, 2016