Galaxy A5 2016 carries a handful of goodies on-board. This device came with a 5.2-inch 1080p display. Samsung has managed to add a Snapdragon 615 CPU to this device and there are its Exyons 7580 chipset variants as well. The phone has either Adreno 405 or Mali-T720MP2 GPU. Galaxy A5 has a 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage as well. Galaxy A5 has 13 MP and 5 MP shooters. Galaxy A5 originall ran on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box. The phone was later updated to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Galaxy A5, just like other phones of Samsung, has a huge list of variants. Galaxy A5 comes in the international markets in the the A510F, A510FD, A510Y and A510M variants. The A510FD variant happens to be dual SIM. These phones have different connectivity modules and radio frequencies. The hardware specifications and features of all these phones are same, the only difference is between the connectivity. Some variants support 3G and 4G only, some support 4G only and some support 2G, 3G and 4G as well.
The Galaxy A5 variants mentioned above have now recieved a buld of TWRP recovery which means this phone can be rooted as well. The recovery for these phones has been developed by Ashyx, credit completely goes to him.
Flashing TWRP on your Galaxy A5 will give you the privilege to wipe its cache, dalvik cache, system partition, data partition and also factory reset it without having the internal storage wiped. You will also be able to install custom ROMs, modifications to tweak your phone and a lot more. TWRP will also let you create a Nandroid backup of the phone. Apart from this, you can add new features to the phone or simply improve its performance by rooting it after you flash a custom recovery.
Custom recovery and root will definitely void the warranty of the phone. These processes are not recommended by Samsung itself. If somethign goes wrong during the installation process, TechBeasts or the recovery developer may not be held responsible. Assuming that Galaxy A5 owners have a clear idea of what they are about to do, we can safely install TWRP and Root Galaxy A5 2016.
Install TWRP and Root Galaxy A5 2016
TWRP recovery and root files will work for the Galaxy A5 A510F, A510FD, A510Y and A510M. Do not try this method on any other device as you will result in bricking it because of invalid files.
Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during flashing process.
Enable USB deubgging from the developer options in your phone.
Enable OEM Unlocking on your phone from the developer options as well.
Backup all your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content.
Use your phone’s original data cable to connect it to your PC.
If you have Samsung Kies installed on your PC, turn it off while using Odin.
Disable Firewall/Antivirus in order to download the files properly.
Follow the rest of the method being very careful.
Install TWRP and Root Galaxy A5 2016 [How To]
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers
- Download and extract Odin 3.10.7 on your computer’s desktop
- Download TWRP recovery according to your device:
- Download SuperSU.zip and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
How to flash the recovery on Galaxy A5 2016 and root it now
- Open Odin.exe from the extracted Odin files you downloaded on your computer’s desktop.
- In Odin, click the “AP” tab in Odin and select the recovery file for your device that you just downloaded above.
- The only options checked in Odin should be F.Reset Time. No other options should be ticked.
- Now put your phone in download mode. Turn it off first. Now press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons. As soon as it boots up, leave the keys. Once it shows warning, press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC while Odin is open.
- Once your the ID:COM box turns blue in Odin after the successful connection, click the Start button.
- It will flash recovery on your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from your PC now, and reboot it manually into TWRP.
- To boot into TWRP, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power Key. As soon as the screen goes black, immediately switch from Volume Down to Volume Up key without leaving the Power and Home Key. This will boot your phone directly into TWRP.
- Now in TWRP, tap Install > Locate SuperSU.zip file that you copied > flash the file.
- Reboot your phone after flasing SuperSU.
- Now you are rooted and have the TWRP installed on your device.
Don’t forget to checkout:
- 10 Best Applications for a Rooted Android Smartphone
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Root Android
- What is Android CPU Underclocking/Overclocking and How to Attain it
- How To Calibrate Battery On Android
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017