Nextbit Robin, one of its-own-kind smartphone came out back in August 2015 as a result of a Kickstart project. The phone comes from a collaboration of former Google, Apple and HTC employees. In the midst of a great smartphone competition, manufacturers have to introduce something entirely different, unique and eye-catching to their smartphones in order to attract audience towards it. For Nextbit Robin, it’s cloud storage platform and the simplistic design are the selling point. Nextbit Robin carries 32 GB internal storage with no external SD card slot, but assoon as you bring this storage to end, the phone starts archiving your apps and data to the cloud storage of 100 GB that is provided to the Nextbit Robin owners by the device manufacturers. Nextbit Robin is powered up with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 CPU, 3 GB RAM. 13 MP shooter is fixed at the back and 5 MP shooter is fixed on the front. Nextbit Robin runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
If you’ve managed to get a Nextbit Robin, you must be a lucky person. Now that you’ve got or if you’re waiting to get yours, you might consider going a little beyond its boundaries. To pave a way for Nextbit Robin users towards the open nature world of Android, the TWRP recovery support has been made available now.
After flashing the TWRP recovery, we you will be able to flash the SuperSU.zip file and get your Nextbit Robin rooted as well. Here in the succeeding guide, we’ve the whole method explained. Let’s move on to the early preps and then install TWRP recovery and root Nextbit Robin.
- This guide is only on for Nextbit Robin. Do not try this method on any other device, otherwise you might result in bricking it.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, media content and text messages as a safety measure. Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device, so backing up the data is a thing that you must do.
- Charge your phone up to 60% in order to avoid any power issues during the recovery installation and rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times. You will have developer options in settings now. Open developer options > check USB debugging mode.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your device and your PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid and mishap.
Disclaimer: Methods involved in flashing custom recoveries and rooting the device are highly custom. In case of a mishap, Techbeasts or Nextbit may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
Now head over the next page in order to install TWRP recovery and root Nextbit Robin.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016
- Install Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705 - October 19, 2016