Moto G 2015 flaunts a 5 inch screen with 720p resolution and 294 ppi. We have a Snapdragon 410 CPU clocked at 1.4 GHz accompanied by Adreno 306 GPU powering up this device. Moto G 2015 is available in either 8 GB internal storage and 1 GB RAM or 16 GB internal storage and 2 GB RAM. Moto G 2015 also offers a microSD card slot which supports up to 32 GB external memory. Moto G has a 13 MP powerful shooter at the back and a 5 MP shooter on the front. Out of the box you may find it running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Apart from these nice specifications, Moto G sports a very elegant design.
Motorola’s G series has been doing pretty good in the markets. A huge number of audience is going to get their hands on this device. Moto G will definitely enjoy a good amount of custom stuff as well. It’s just a matter of time when the developers get their hands and maximize this device’s limits. Moto G is actually a good device to load some custom stuff and checkout its potential. Moto G owners, who would like to unleash the real power of their device, they will need a custom recovery running on the device which will help them to install MODs, custom ROMs, create and restore Nandroid backup, wipe cache and dalvik cache and much more. They will also need root access on the device in order to install root specific applications to enhance the device’s performance. In case you’ve got your hands on this device and now you want to install custom recovery and root your device, you may have spotted the right place.
In the following post we will show you how you can install TWRP recovery on your Moto G 2015. After installing TWRP recovery, you will be able to flash SuperSu.zip file in order to root your Moto G 2015. Prior to the installation of TWRP, you will have to unlock the bootloader of your Moto G 2015. Let’s move ahead without any further ado and get all this done one by one.
- This guide is only on for Moto G 2015 3rd Gen. Do not try this method on any other device, otherwise you might result in bricking it.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, media content and text messages as a safety measure.
- Charge your phone up to 60% in order to avoid any power issues during the recovery installation and rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times. You will have developer options in settings now. Open developer options > check USB debugging mode.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your device and your PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid and mishap.
Disclaimer: Methods involved in flashing custom recoveries and rooting the device are highly custom. In case of a mishap, Techbeasts or Motorola may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
Required downloads & installations
- Unlock the bootloader of your Moto G 2015 3rd Gen.
- Download and install Motorola USB drivers.
- Download ADB & Fastboot packege with TWRP recovery.img file. Extract this ADB & Fastboot file on your desktop to access its contents.
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G 2015
Step#1: Make sure that you’ve followed all the steps explained above.
Step#2: Now connect your Moto G to your PC. If it asks for some permission on the phone, check allow this PC and tap ok.
Step#3: Now open the extracted Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
Step#4: Now click on py_cmd.exe file in order to open the command prompt.
Step#5: Enter the following commands in command prompt one by one.
Step#6: adb devices
This command will list the connected adb devices. You can verify whether your device is connected properly or not.
Step#7: adb reboot-bootloader
This command will reboot your Moto G 2015 in bootloader mode.
Step#8: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This will flash TWRP recovery on your Moto G 2015.
Step#9: As the recovery flashing is over, select recovery from Fastboot mode on your phone. You will now see the TWRP logo on the screen, that means you’ve successfully flashed TWRP recovery.
Step#10: Tap Reboot > System in TWRP recovery in order to reboot your Moto G 2015 now & let’s root it now.
How To Root Moto G 2015 3rd Gen
Step#1: Make sure that you’ve copied SuperSu.zip file to your phone. In case you haven’t, do it now.
Step#2: Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery mode. To do so, turn it off completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key.
Step#3: As you see TWRP recovery, tap “Install > Locate the copied SuperSu.zip file (should be at bottom) > tap this file > Swipe the bar at the bottom of screen to confirm flash”.
Step#4: As soon as SuperSu.zip file is flashed, go back to main menu in TWRP and tap reboot > system.
Step#5: Your device will boot up now. Find SuperSu in app drawer. Install Root Checker app to verify root access.
That’s all. Stuck with something? Don’t worry! Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016