Galaxy Tab S came tagged under a list of variants. One of the LTE variants of Galaxy Tab S is T807. Samsung has now rolled out Android 5.0 Lollipop for almost all variants of the Galaxy Tab S, and T807 is also enjoying the Lollipop sweetness now. Earlier we posted the method to root and install TWRP recovery on other variants of Galaxy Tab S 10.5, but the method wasn’t available for T807 running Lollipop at that time. The good news for SM-T807 users is, root and TWRP recovery are now available for SM-T807.
If you’ve been waiting to root your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T807, this may be the right time for you. In the following post we are going to show you how can install TWRP recovery and then easily root your Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807 on Android Lollipop. This method will also work with Tab S 10.5 running older versions of Android.
- This guide is only for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807. Do not try this on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50%.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your PC and your phone.
- Backup your important data as a safety measure.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: Flashing custom recovery and rooting the device void its warranty. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or Samsung may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk and with your full understanding.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers.
- Download and extract Odin 3.10.6.
- Download TWRP Recovery.tar file and save it your computer’s desktop.
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Install TWRP & Root Galaxy Tab S 10.5 T807 On Android Lollipop
- Open Odin3 V3.10.6.exe that you extracted on your PC.
- Put your Tab S 10.5 in download mode now. To do so, turn it off completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power Key. Once your phone boots up, press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Connect your phone to your PC now. The ID:COM box in the top-left corner of Odin3 should turn blue. This indicates that your phone is connected properly.
- Now click the “AP” tab in Odin and select the TWRP Recovery.tar file that you downloaded. It will take a second or two for Odin3 to load this file.
- If the Auto-reboot option is unticked, tick it. Leave all other options in Odin3 as they are.
- Now you’re all set to flash the recovery. Just click the start button in Odin3 and sit back.
- Once the process box above ID:COM box shows green light and flashing process is finished, disconnect your device.
- Now turn off your device properly as we are going to boot into recovery mode.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. This will boot your device in recovery mode. It should be TWRP recovery that you just installed.
- Now in TWRP recovery, select Install > locate the SuperSu.zip file and flash it.
- Once flashed, reboot your device.
- Checkout the SuperSu in application drawer. Also install BusyBox from Play Store.
- Verify root access using Root Checker.
- That’s all. You’re now set to unleash the open source nature of Android.
Stuck with anything? Reach us out through the comment box below!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How To Download Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 20, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017