A while ago we posted a method to root the Oppo N1, but we didn’t post the method to install a custom recovery in that post in order to make it separate and easier for you. In case you’re wondering what is a custom recovery and what you can do after having it installed, then let’s have a little intro.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery.
The one we picked up for Oppo N1 is TWRP recovery as off now, CWM recovery is not available, perhaps TWRP works awesome as well. I’ll be explaining two methods to install TWRP recovery, pick up the one that seems easier to you.
Method 1: Install TWRP Recovery – Must have rooted your phone first.
- As mentioned, your phone must be rooted. Follow our full guide to root here.
- Download and install Goo Manager app on your phone – GooManager_2.1.3.apk.
- Open the Goo Manager app and allow root access as soon as it prompts.
- Hit the menu button and select “Open Recovery”.
- Complete the recovery installation process.
- Phewww you’re done.
Method 2: Install TWRP Recovery using ADB & Fastboot Method:
- You must have installed Android ADB & Fastboot Drivers. Follow our full guide here.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.
- Download the TWRP Recovery.im file.
- Place the downloaded recovery.img file in the Fastboot folder that you created using our adb and fastboot guide.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Open the Fastboot folder.
- Hold the shift key and right click on any empty area inside the folder.
- Select “Open Command Window Here.”
- Now in the command prompt type.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your phone will reboot into the bootloader now.
- In the command prompt type
Fastboot flash recovery openrecovery.x.x.x.example.N1.img
- Replace the name openrecovery.x.x.x.example.N1.img with the name of the recovery you downloaded.
- As soon as the flashing is done, reboot into recovery using this command now.
adb reboot recovery.
That’s all with the recovery installation on the Oppo N1. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017
- Download Yu Gi Oh Duel Links for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017