Previously we posted an article about the Bootloader unlocking of Nexus 6, although there was no Official thread related with such unlocking but the method is same in every Nexus device. Now another step related to extreme customization is here, a custom recovery and again, TWRP recovery has won the game. So many Android devices running Android 5.0 had already been rooted but Motorola Nexus 6 is still in the line to be rooted.
Nonetheless, TWRP recovery is available and it is time for us to show you how to Install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 6. Although there won’t be much use of it as rooting method is still not available and typical Super SU won’t do any good. So we will have to wait for the rooting method. Till then you can download and flash the TWRP Recovery and for the least, Back-up your ROM for no reason at all. I never liked the TWRP recovery and so far, for these latest flagships, TWRP recovery has made its way. I liked the CWM Recovery, simple and great, not recommended by a lot of developers, but who cares, it is your device and your choice do whatever you like with it.
1. This is only for Nexus 6!
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
4. Unlock Bootloader of Your Device!
Since this recovery or any other Custom Mod or tweak can’t be installed without unlocking the Bootloader first, you’ll need to unlock the bootoader, follow the link to do so: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Google in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
TWRP Recovery.img: Link
ADB Tools: Link
How To Flash TWRP Recovery:
- Download the TWRP Recovery Image
- Rename it to recovery and paste it in the Fastboot folder, created in adb and fastboot guide
- Turn Off your Device
- Now go to Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder. How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Connect your Device with PC.
- Now Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img to flash the TWRP Recovery on your device
- Type fastboot reboot, to reboot your device
- After a proper reboot, your device will be running TWRP Recovery
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Download Clash Of Clans .Apk For Free - March 31, 2017
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016