Moto X Pure sports a 5.7 inch QHD display, which is similar to that of the Galaxy Note 4 & 5’s in terms of size and resolution. Motorola used Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 808 Hexacore CPU to power this device up. Its RAM is 3 GB, the internal storage options are 16/32/64 GB with a microSD card slot that supports up to 128 GB. Moto X Style (Pure) carries a 21 MP shooter at the back and 5 MP shooter on the front. This device can be found running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop having Motorola’s Minimal Software atop. Luckily, Motorola doesn’t push any bloatware in its smartphones, that means you will be getting a very close-to-stock Android experience on this device.
Having a device like Motorola Moto X Style means you can explore the vast open-nature world of Android by breaking the limits set by manufacturers. This is possible by means of root access and custom recovery. One of the advantages of root access is to remove the in-build applications which are known as bloatware. Although Motorola has already done this job for you, but there’s a lot more you can do after rooting your Android smartphone. You can bring in a number of root-specific applications and boost up the performance, battery life of your Moto X Style. By means of a custom recovery you can flash custom ROMs, flash MODs, create & restore Nandroid Backup etc.
TWRP recovery and root method is already available for our beloved Motorola Moto X Style. If you’ve been looking to unleash the true power of your Moto X Style, this may be the right time for you to go ahead. In the succeeding post we are going to help you to install TWRP recovery on your Moto X Style 2015 and then gain the root access on it. Let’s go ahead and get it done without any further ado.
- This guide is only on for Moto X Style. Do not try this method on any other device, otherwise you might result in bricking it.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, media content and text messages as a safety measure.
- Charge your phone up to 60% in order to avoid any power issues during the recovery installation and rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times. You will have developer options in settings now. Open developer options > check USB debugging mode.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your device and your PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid and mishap.
Disclaimer: Methods involved in flashing custom recoveries and rooting the device are highly custom. In case of a mishap, Techbeasts or Motorola may not be held responsible. Make sure that you’re doing everything at your own risk.
Required downloads & installations
- Unlock the bootloader of your Moto X Style.
- Download and install Motorola USB drivers.
- Download ADB & Fastboot packege with TWRP recovery.img file. Extract this ADB & Fastboot file on your desktop to access its contents.
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
How To Install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Style
Step#1: Make sure that you’ve followed all the steps explained above.
Step#2: Now connect your Moto X Style to your PC. If it asks for some permission on the phone, check allow this PC and tap ok.
Step#3: Now open the extracted Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder.
Step#4: Now click on py_cmd.exe file in order to open the command prompt.
Step#5: Enter the following commands in command prompt one by one.
Step#6: adb devices
This command will list the connected adb devices. You can verify whether your device is connected properly or not.
Step#7: adb reboot-bootloader
This command will reboot your Moto X Style in bootloader mode.
Step#8: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This will flash TWRP recovery on your Moto X Style.
Step#9: As the recovery flashing is over, select recovery from Fastboot mode on your phone. You will now see the TWRP logo on the screen, that means you’ve successfully flashed TWRP recovery.
Step#10: Tap Reboot > System in TWRP recovery in order to reboot your Moto X Style now & let’s root it now.
How To Root Moto X Style(Pure)
Step#1: Make sure that you’ve copied SuperSu.zip file to your phone. In case you haven’t, do it now.
Step#2: Now boot your phone in to TWRP recovery mode. To do so, turn it off completely first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key.
Step#3: As you see TWRP recovery, tap “Install > Locate the copied SuperSu.zip file (should be at bottom) > tap this file > Swipe the bar at the bottom of screen to confirm flash”.
Step#4: As soon as SuperSu.zip file is flashed, go back to main menu in TWRP and tap reboot > system.
Step#5: Your device will boot up now. Find SuperSu in app drawer. Install Root Checker app to verify root access.
That’s all. Stuck with something? Don’t worry! Reach us out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Smile Inc for PC (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and Mac) - October 24, 2016
- Google Camera 4.2.022.135443920 APK – Download - October 22, 2016
- Download Critical Ops for Windows PC and Mac - October 21, 2016