TWRP Recovery is making its way to almost all the Galaxy Note 4 variants, previously we posted the articles about Sprint Galaxy Note 4 and Verizon Galaxy Note 4 and T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4 receiving the support for TWRP Recovery, not it is time for Canadian Galaxy Note 4 to start running with the TWRP Recovery.TWRP is the most active recovery when it comes to arriving on the Android devices, mostly these devices got root after the installation of custom recovery. However, there are those who want to root the device first then install the custom recovery on it, still there is no news about the Rooting method of Canadian Galaxy Note 4, till then enjoy this recovery and wait for the rooting method.
You can wait for the CWM Recovery if you want to, because there is no custom ROM available yet and even the rooting method is not available, so if you are in some sort of development then do install this recovery and keep sharing your work with us. The Whole Process is simple and only needs few click, as we are going to use Odin in such matter, if you are not familiar with Odin and its working, pay a little close attention towards the tutorial. If you don’t want to use Odin, you can look for an alternate method, which requires commanding and active ADB drivers, Yeah! I know it is difficult, I also use Odin a lot more than ADB Shell. So, Without further ado, Let us begin.
1. This guide is only for Canadian Galaxy Note 4!
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
2. Battery should be charged at least 60%!
Your device’s battery shouldn’t be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well. So, make sure that you charge your device before you start the flashing process.
3. Use the OEM data-cable to establish connection!
Always use the original data cable to establish connection between your Android device and your computer / laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. Also, clean install is always recommended, that means you will probably have to wipe your device to install the new firmware. So, you may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Samsung in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Incase of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Canadian Note 4:
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers .
- Download and extract TWRP Recovery: Link (scroll to the bottom and choose the Odin method)
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Note 4 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the .tar.md5 file or .tar file, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic (Do not Tick the F.reset Option)
- Hit start and wait till the flashing is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Wait for your device to reboot.
- That’s all!
- Now Visit Recovery Mode to Confirm
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016