Oppo is currently doing quite a good job in the smartphone world as it completed its tag line of innovating the smartphone world in true meanings. The N1 gave this company the popularity and the respect it wanted to achieve and after that Oppo brought up some more great smartphones. Oppo’s Find 7a sports a beautiful 5.5 inches full HD display. 13 MP shooter is fixed at the back and a 5 MP on the front while the device is powered up with Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad Core CPU clocked at 2.3 GHz accompanied by Adreno 330 GPU and a RAM of 2 GBs. These mainstream specs make this smartphone a nice choice when it comes to pick one from a set of few.
Well, if you’ve got one, or if you’re planning to get your hands on one, you may want to checkout the limitations of your device by applying different mods and custom ROMs. Before you start looking out for a way to do so, we have done the job for you as we have found the TWRP recovery and a method to root the device is explained in the following comprehensive guide. As you move forward, you will know more about a custom recovery and also why you should root your device. All you need to do for now is, follow this guide carefully.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily,You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery. There is a number of other options available in the custom recoveries that pave way for the device’s tweaking and deal with the problems efficiently.
Rooting an Android device:
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
- This guide is Oppo Find 7a only. Do not try this on any other smartphone, you may result in bricking it.
- You must have installed Android ADB & Fastboot drivers. Follow the quick guide here.
- Please make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the recovery flashing process.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as follows:
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Get it in Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging mode.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Alright! Follow this guide to the letter now.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is OPPO in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Oppo Find 7a:
- Download openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-find7a.img file.
- Download SuperSu.zip file and copy it to your Find 7a’s internal storage.
- Rename the downloaded file to twrp.img
- Place the renamed twrp.img file in the Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder that you created using our ADB & Fastboot Quick Setup Guide.
- If you are using Android ADB & Fastboot full package, you can place the downloaded Recovery.img file in the Fastboot folder or in the Platform-tools folder.
- Open the folder where you placed the Boot.img file. E.g Minimal ADB & Fastboot or Fastboot or Platform Tools.
- Press and hold the shift key and right click on an empty area within the folder, and click on “Open Command Window Here”.
- Connect your Find 7a to your PC now.
Now type the following commands:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
The device will reboot now, as soon as it boots up completely, issue the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- Once done with all these, you should be in the TWRP recovery.
- Now in TWRP recovery, select “Install > search for SuperSu.zip > flash it”.
- It will flash SuperSu and root your Oppo Find 7a as well now.
- To enter the recovery using buttons combo, turn off your Oppo Find 7a completely, now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Key, you should be able to see TWRP recovery.
- That’s all, Enjoy!
How to install busybox now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Oppo Find 7a.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
That’s All with the recovery installation. In case you got any queries or face any difficulties regarding this post, please feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Latest Odin 3.12.4/Odin 3.12.5 for Samsung - April 27, 2017
- How to Install TWRP Recovery using Fastboot on Android - April 27, 2017
- How to Sync Contacts with Gmail Account on Android - April 27, 2017