How to Root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T113/T116Samsung’s Tab 3 has a Lite variant, and the Lite variant has further variants. Galaxy Tab 3’s variants SM-T110 and T-111 were lucky enough to have the TWRP recovery and root access. The T113 and T116 variants were out of luck for a while. It is the time for T113 and T116 owners to unleash the awesomeness hidden in their Tab 3 as they can now install the TWRP recovery and also root the Tab.
The traditional Odin method will not work for the Tab 3 Lite. Users have to first root the phone using one-click root solution and then they can use an application like Rashr or the TWRP recovery official application to flash the TWRP recovery. As of now, there isn’t much of stuff available to tweak these devices, but now that the customistaion gateway has opened up, we expect these devices to see the light of the day.
With having your Tab rooted and TWRP recovery flashed right now, you can install root specific applications like Greenify, Titanium Backup, System Tuner etc. You can also install the Xposed Framework to modify your device or add new features to it. In the world of Android, there are no limitations and experiments are always a good thing as long as you are playing safe.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T113/T116
- Download and install the KingRoot mobile app on your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
- Now open the newly installed KingRoot application from the app drawer.
- KingRoot application will begin finding root exploit for your device.
- As soon as it comes up with a root exploit, it will start rooting your device. Just follow on-screen instructions.
- Once done, reboot your device and you are all done with the rooting process.
How to install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T113/T116
- Download TWRP Recovery file according to your device: T116 twrp-3.1.0-0-goyave.img | T113 twrp-3.0.2-0-goyave.img
- Copy the downloaded TWRP Recovery file to your Tab.
- Download and install TWRP recovery application on your Galaxy Tab 3 Lite.
- Open the TWRP Recovery application on your Tab 3 Lite. Give it root permission once it asks for it.
- Tap TWRP Flash option.
- In the next step, tap Select a file to flash.
- Select the copied file according to your device.
- Start flashing.
- Once the file has been flashed, reboot your device.
- To boot into recovery, turn off your tab completely. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button. That’s all.
Got stuck with something? Feel free to reach me out through the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017