ZTE Nubia Z11 users can now install TWRP custom recovery and also root their smartphone. With the help of TWRP and root access, ZTE Nubia Z11 users can take their Android experience to a whole new level. Follow this guide to install TWRP and Root ZTE Nubia Z11.
Before we go through the guide, we will go through a brief introduction of the smartphone. The Nubia Z11 was pulled out by ZTE back in June 2016. Nubia Z11 falls in the league of smartphones having 5.5-inch display with FHD resolution. ZTE powered it up with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU accompanied by Adreno 530 GPU. Nubia Z11 either had a 4GB or 6GB RAM with 64GB internal storage. Device ran on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box and it packed a 3000 mAh battery under the hood.
While we are about to flash the TWRP recovery and root the phone, it is very important to have a look at what we mean by taking your Android experience to a next level. Custom recoveries like TWRP help you to flash custom ROMs and backup important components of your phone. By using the advanced options, you can wipe cache, dalvik cache and also wipe certain partitions in your phone. With root access, users can bring in new features, enhance the performance and battery life of their smartphones. Let’s go through the steps now.
Disclaimer: Processes like flashing custom recoveries, custom ROMs and rooting the smartphones are not recommended by the smartphone manufacturers. These processes are highly custom and involve the risk of bricking your smartphone. To prevent any mishap, follow the steps given in the guide below to the letter. In case of a mishap, the device manufacturers, TechBeasts or the recovery/root developers may not be held responsible.
Precautions & Preparation
- This guide is intended for ZTE Nubia Z11. Do not try this method on any other device otherwise you may result in bricking it.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged up to 80% in order to avoid any power issues during the flashing process.
- Backup all of your important contacts, call logs, sms messages and media content to stay on a safe end.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your ZTE Nubia Z11 in developer options. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times. You will have developer options in settings now. Open developer options > Enable USB debugging. If you have the “OEM Unlocking“ option, enable it as well.
- On your phone’s dialer, dial *#7678#* and enable all the options on the screen that shows up next.
- Use your original data cable to establish connection between your phone and your PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Required downloads & installations
- Download and install ZTE USB drivers.
- Download and install Minimal ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Download Z11_NX531J_TWRP_220.127.116.11.zip file and extract it on your computer’s desktop to get 2.努比亚Z11_一键刷入多语言TWRP_3.0.2-0.exe file.
How to Install TWRP recovery and Root ZTE Nubia Z11 now
- Connect your ZTE Nubia Z11 to your PC and select “Charging only” mode.
- Now open the TWRP_18.104.22.168.exe file that you got above.
- Now in the command window, press 1 and hit enter. It will install Qualcomm USB drivers on your computer.
- After driver installation, type 2 and hit enter. This will install TWRP recovery on your phone.
- To root the phone now, disconnect it from your PC and boot your phone into TWRP by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.
- In TWRP recovery, tap Advanced > Stalence tools > Root/Unroot the phone.
That’s all. I hope that you found this guide working. In case of any issues, reach me out in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download Google GApps for Android 5.1.x Lollipop [All ROMs] - March 24, 2017
- How to fix Super Mario Run Error 804-5100 - March 24, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S7/S7 Edge issues after Nougat update - March 24, 2017