LG G Pad 7.0’s high end specifications make it a great tablet device to play with. We have got this device powered up with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 400 Quad Core CPU clocked at 1.2 GHz accompanied by a RAM of 1 GB and 8 GB internal storage. A 3.5 MP camera is fixed at the back and a 1.3 MP camera shooter is fixed on the front of a 7.0 inch IPS display with 216 ppi. Under the hood we’ve got a huge 4000 mAh battery and the device can be found running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat out of the box. If you happen to be a lucky G Pad 7.0 owner and you also happen to be an Android power user, you would definitely love to explore the vast world of Android where no limits can be found. A very good way to test your device is by tweaking it at a maximum level, for this purpose you may take a start by flashing small tweaks, MODs, different customisations and obviously, a plethora of a custom ROMs that is available for this device out there. But to pave a way for all the customisations on your device, you need root access and then a custom recovery. You will be wondering about both these things right now, but let us move forward and you’re going to understand all.
Root access on your G Pad 7.0 will allow you to explore the root directory of your device and load root required applications to enhance the capabilites of your device, while a custom recovery can do the similar from the boot menu of your device. It will simply allow you to flash tweaks, MODs, custom ROMs and the most important part, it will allow you to create or restore Nandroid backup. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache, a number of other features is there to try out. When it comes to custom recoveries, there are only two big names CWM and TWRP, and when it comes to pick up the best one, I personally love to go with TWRP since it has a great and easy to use UI. Luckily, latest version of TWRP, TWRP 184.108.40.206 is now available for our beloved LG G Pad 7.0 V400 and its LTE sibling V410. And that’s what we are here for at the moment. In the on-going guide, we are going to flash this latest TWRP 220.127.116.11 on our beloved LG G Pad 7.0 using flashify. Let’s go through some quick preparations and then flash this recovery.
- This guide is only intended for LG G Pad 7 V400 & V410 owners. Don’t try it on any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings > About Device > Model.
- Root your LG G Pad 7.0 [Important]
- Download & Install Flashify on your LG G Pad 7.0.
- Back up all your important data, contacts, text messages and call logs. This is highly recommended so that in case of any mishap, you’re able to restore all of your important data.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid any mishap.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is LG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How To Install TWRP 18.104.22.168 On Your LG G Pad 7.0 V400 or V410
- Make sure that you’ve rooted your device using the guide linked above.
- Make sure that you’ve installed Flashify using the guide linked above.
- Download the TWRP recovery.img file according to your device.
- Copy the downloaded recovery.img file to the internal or external storage of your G Pad 7.0.
- Now open the Flashify application from app drawer on your G Pad.
- Allow root permissions and proceed to the main menu of Flashify.
- Tap Recovery image, and locate the downloaded recovery.img file.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions to finish flashing.
- Flashify will also allow you to boot into recovery mode from the options on the top right corner.
- That’s all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Download and Install Official Android Nougat on Galaxy S7/S7 Edge - January 18, 2017
- Download Bubble Witch 3 Saga for PC – Windows and Mac - January 16, 2017
- Download Star Wars Force Arena for PC (Windows and Mac) - January 16, 2017