Huawei is the next big player in the Android smartphone market. In the past few years, Huawei has greatly improved its Android phone lineup. If you ever consider your options for a smartphone to go with, Huawei will definitely make it up to your list. The recent phones like Huawei P10 and P10 Plus have further strengthened Huawei’s Android power.
Like other manufacturers, Huawei has its dedicated support pages for all of its smartphones as well. You can the USB drivers, stock ROMs and other related files for your Huawei smartphone from Huawei’s official pages. Android custom ROM and MOD developers have been working hard on keeping the Huawei devices interesting. You will find a handful of custom ROMs like LineageOS, OmniROM, MODs like Xposed Framework, Magisk module etc. If something while flashing anything custom on your phone goes wrong, you are left with two or three options. You can either try uninstalling the file you just install, you can try factory resetting your device or in the end, you can try flashing a stock ROM on your device.
Installing a stock firmware on a Huawei smartphone is as sweet as a piece of cake. Huawei’s stock firmware installation process as way simple and easy as compared to the methods of other manufacturers. You do not have to go through a trail of steps using a tool to load the software on mobile. All you have to do is to acquire the appropriate firmware file for your phone, put it on your phone’s external SD card and then push your phone to flash it.
Sound neat, right? To help you further with this, we have written a few steps illustrating the entire procedure to install Stock ROM on Huawei phones. Flashing a stock firmware will unroot your phone, it will factory reset your device and it will bring back everything on your phone in its original stock state. You can also fix a soft-bricked Huawei smartphone by flashing a stock firmware.
- Download the firmware for your phone being very careful.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid power issues during the installation process.
- Backup your important data like contacts, call logs, SMS messages, and media content.
- For a clean installation, it is recommended to factory reset your phone prior to the installation of new stock ROM.
- This process will not void the warranty of your phone.
Install Stock ROM on Huawei
- Download the stock firmware for your Huawei smartphone.
- Unzip the downloaded firmware file to get the UPDATE.APP file.
- Now connect your phone to your computer.
- Access your phone’s microSD card on your computer and create a new folder in it named as “dload”.
- Copy the UPDATE.APP file to this dload folder now.
- Disconnect your phone now.
- Now turn off your phone.
- While your phone is off, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key simultaneously.
- Your phone will boot up now and automatically start flashing stock ROM on it. It will reboot as soon as the flashing is over. You will find the new firmware installed on your phone as it boots into the system.
So that’s how you will update or reset the stock firmware on your Huawei’s Android powered phone. You can use this guide on any Huawei phone as long as it is equipped with the Android OS. The method is applicable on all Huawei Tablets as well. This method will also restore your phone’s original recovery. In case you have got something to clear up, you can shoot your queries in the comment box below.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017
- Fix Galaxy S8 Not registered on network - April 22, 2017
- How to fix LG G4 that keeps restarting itself - April 22, 2017