ShinyROM is based on Android 4.2.2 Build KOT49H ,this ROM is built directly on the Source Code published by the Google for the developers to create ROMs based on it. This ROM is completely stock only a little bit changes are made just to make sure that the ROM is working fine. The ROM will basically make your device stable, shiny and new like your received an OTA update. The next objective of this ROM is to make sure that your device remain much close to stock Nexus as it can.The ROM is official, Stable and extremely smooth without any bugs.If you are interested in other ROMs, you can visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Samsung Galaxy Nexus to ShinyROM Android 4.4.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from Samsung/Google, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some wants performance and some wants speed, some wants looks, some wants features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install ShinyROM Android 4.4.2 On Samsung Galaxy Nexus.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged battery.
- Back-up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest Custom Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Features Of ShinyROM:
- Stock Android 4.4.2, build KOT49H
- Source (AOSP) built kernel (boot.img)
- Easily rootable (see information below)
- G-Apps (GMail, Play Store, etc.) included in build along with Nexus apps
- Stock browser replaced with Google Chrome
- Shiny restart options – access them by holding down the power button and then long pressing on “Power Off”
- All the crazy Google proprietary app stuff has been taken care off
- Updated frequently
- Everything works!
- So what do I mean when I say “Everything works!”?
- I’m sure by now you all know that when someone says that, it usually ends up not being true. This ROM is not an exception to that rule, but I can say that I’ve tested most of the things that would be expected to work in stock Android, such as…
- WiFi Tethering (no subscription check)
- Bluetooth streaming
- Google account sign-in and auto-restore of apps and settings
- Google Wallet
- Location Services (pretty fast GPS lock in my area also)
- Believe it or not, December is still a month!
- Android beam
- Photo editing with the new filters
- Exchange support
All read and Ready, let’s head towards the next page to see How to install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
Pages: Page 1 | Page 2
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016