Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat is available for HTC Sensation XL, not in terms of Stock or Official Firmware but as a Custom ROM, which in my opinion is far more better than the Official One. The ROM is completely based on Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat with a lot of Mods and Customization, that you can be disabled or enabled within the ROM. Stable and Smooth like a Butter, fast and with the recent update, almost all the previous problems and glitches are fixed. Some of the CyanogenMod apps are removed and some are ported in it, if you want to enjoy Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat on HTC Sensation XL, this is the best ROM available, in case of any Mishap, you can always return to your previous ROM otherwise stuck to Android Jelly Bean series.
If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your HTC Sensation XL by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from HTC but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To RUNNY-KITKAT Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM On HTC Sensation XL . But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC Sensation XL
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: How To Unlock Bootloader of HTC Devices
- Root Your Device and Install Latest CWM or TWRP recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom which may result in bricking of your device,and it has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
- Download RUNNY-KITKAT ROM for HTC Sensation XL to your computer
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enabled, go to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Then Download the Android 4.4.2 File from the above links.
- Extract the .zip file and either in Kernal Folder or in the Main Folder there is a file called boot.img.
- Copy and paste the boot.img to the Fastboot Folder.
- Now copy and paste the Android 4.4.2 zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hole Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on screen.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Now type in the following command: fastboot flash boot boot.img Press Enter.
- Then type in the following command: fastboot reboot.
- After the reboot, take out the battery and wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Then re-insert the battery and enter Bootloader mode. How? Press and hold Power + Volume Down button till you see some text on screen, From bootloader select recovery.
- Choose “Wipe Cache” Partition first.
- Choose ‘advance’ and select ‘Devlik wipe cache’, so you won’t stuck in any Boot loop.
- The finally choose ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now. Wait for 5-minutes for the first run.
Voila! that’s it, your HTC Sensation XL is now upgraded to Android 4.4.2 RUNNY-KITKAT, to check Go to settings> About > Software Version.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016