As I mentioned in our previous post, that Android 5.1 is on the loose, since the source code is available, developers are now making Android 5.1 Lollipop based Custom ROMs for the rest of the devices. Galaxy Note 3 has already received the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Official ROM, but obviously it will take some considerable time to receive the Official Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware, however, that does not mean we can’t install custom Roms on it now can we. The very fist to make its way for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 is the Resurrection Remix custom ROM based on the latest Lollipop version and quite smooth and stable even for an early release.
This ROM has all the CM 12 features and based on Pure Android. The Built-in OTA center will keep you updated about the coming updates whether small or large. The ROM is battery friendly, and you’ll feel reasonable difference once you switch from stock lollipop to this one and since this is an open source ROM, everyone can contribute their work in it, without hesitation. In this article, we will show you How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 N9005. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Galaxy Note 3 N9005 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM. Installation procedure uses the Fastboot commands to install this custom ROM. Your device must be rooted. Let’s go through the early preparations and then flash this ROM.
- This is only for Galaxy Note 3 N9005!
- Battery should be charged at least over 60%
- Unlock Bootloader Of Your Device.
- Flash a Custom Recovery and Root Your device
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – If CWM or TWRP installed previously, otherwise skip this step and perform this at the end of flashing
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Samsung in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Resurrection Remix ROM: Link
How to Install Resurrection Remix ROM:
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Open Recovery mode. How?
- Connect your device with PC
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder. (ADB and Fastboot Tools Installer)
- Now Type: adb reboot bootloader
- Choose Recovery from Bootloader
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Dalvik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Finally Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Resurrection Remix.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Go Back and Flash Gapps.zip
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap On Back-Up and Select System and Data
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Resurrection Remix.zip, GoogleApps.zip and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
The First boot might take up-to 5 minutes, so please be patient.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016