It is fun to install different custom ROMs, Kernels and other stuff, however, not all the times Odds can be in your favor, sometimes you like a ROM because of its looks only and sometimes you want a ROM which can give you an extreme level of Battery life. Well, not all the times both can be acquired in a Single ROM. Now the game is simple, if you want excessive speed, you’ll have to give up the battery life and the case is same when you want beautiful animations and stuff. The problem is that, the Kernel you flashed which is a necessary part of the ROM is not made for all the purposes, if you want both the battery life and Speed/Looks, you need to flash an extra Kernel, and today we are presenting a ROM along with the best Kernel, to give you some level of Extra Speed and Better battery life.
Quantum ROM is made for all those, who wants their device to speed up and still wants to survive a day with battery life, and also the QuantumKernel is there to fix your problems. If you are interested in Other ROMs, you can Visit our Custom ROMs section or you can install this ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 by following our tutorial below. This is not an official release from Samsung but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install this and also your device must be rooted.
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Quantum.5 & QuantumKernel 7/3 On AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.But before we begin, make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SGH-I747.
- Do not try it on any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Quantum ROM: Link
Google Apps: Link
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- Back-up your ROM using the Recovery.
- To Perform a Back-up, Navigate to Back-up and Restore on Next screen, Choose Back-up again.
- Go back to Main Screen after the Back-up is complete.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’, so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Quantum.5.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Go back and Flash Google Apps and Flash QuantumKernel
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Quantum.5.zip, Google Apps, QuantumKernel and Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will be promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it! Just wait for almost 5-minutes, you’ll find your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 running Android 4.4.4 Kit-Kat Quantum.5 ROM, Go to Settings > About to verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016