CWM Advanced Edition by famous XDA developer Philz3579 is the modified version of the original ClockworkMod Recovery. The Advanced Edition by Philz is the touch recovery, with a number of features atop and a very cool UI. Philz Advanced CWM is compatible with a hefty list of devices including Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini’s 3 variants GT-I9190, GT-I9192 and GT-I9195. If you’ve been looking for this recovery for your Galaxy S4 Mini, you’ve spotted the right place now.
As you scroll down, you will find a comprehensive guide to install Philz Advanced CWM Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190/I9192 or I9195. The current available version of Philz Advanced CWM at the time of writing this post for Galaxy S4 Mini is 6.26.6 that is based on ClockworkMod 6 recovery. Before we head towards the instructions, I’ll assume that not all of you’re familiar with the custom recoveries and some might be the newbies. In order to remove any existing confusions and to make it more clear, we will first go through a brief introduction of the custom recoveries and also know that why you should install a custom recovery on your device.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190, GT-I9192, GT-I9195. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Alright! Go ahead, follow this guide to the letter.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs, recoveries and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Also, if your device comes with Knox Security, you will result in voiding it after you root your device and the Knox counter cannot be reset. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
How Install Philz Advanced CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini:
Files you need to download:
- Download and extract Odin PC – Get it here
- Download and Samsung USB Drivers – Get here
- Download the Recovery.tar.md5 file for your variant:
- philz_touch_6.26.6-serrano3gxx.tar.md5 [GT-I9190]
- philz_touch_6.26.6-serranodsub.tar.md5 [GT-I9192]
- philz_touch_6.26.6-serranoltexx.tar.md5 [GT-I9195]
- Open Odin3.exe from the extracted folder.
- Put your Galaxy S4 Mini in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power key at the same time, you should get a screen showing a warning and asking to continue, press Volume Up to continue. If this method doesn’t work, try one from this guide.
- Now your phone should be in downloading mode. Connect your phone to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone the ID:COM box will turn light blue.
- Click on the PDA tab and select the Recovery.tar.md5 file that you downloaded.
- In case you’re using Odin v3.09, you will put the .tar.md5 file in the “AP” tab, rest of the settings should remain untouched in Odin v3.09 as well.
- Your Odin screen should look like exactly as shown below.
- Click Start and the flashing process should start showing you a process bar in the first box above ID:COM.
- Congratulations you have successfully install Advanced CWM recovery on your Galaxy S4 Mini
Don’t forget to create a Nandroid Backup once you’ve installed CWM recovery.
How to Root:
- You need to install CWM recovery first using the above instructions.
- Download file now.
- Place the downloaded Supersu.zip file on your phone’s external sd card.
- Now boot into CWM recovery on your phone.
- Once in CWM, select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard > Select SuperSu.zip > Yes”.
- This will flash SuperSu.zip file, once flashing is complete, reboot your device.
- Congrats! You’re rooted now!
Check out the best 10 root apps.
That’s all. In case you got any queries or facing any problems regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and reach us. We will respond you as soon as possible. Thanks all.
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Price and Release Date - March 29, 2017
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Official Images - March 29, 2017
- Clash of Titans: Galaxy S8 vs Galaxy S8 Plus vs LG G6 vs XZ Premium vs P10 Plus - March 29, 2017