Galaxy Note 3 sports a fabulous 5.7 inches full HD display, but the display might not be convenient for some users. To overcome the big-screen comfort issue, Samsung introduced a new feature named as One Handed Mode” in the Galaxy Note 3. The name says it all, One Handed Operation lets the users use their device using one hand. The mode simply converts the phone’s screen into a smaller one, and it’s up to the users whether they want to use the mode with their right hand or with the left hand. Earlier Samsung introduced one handed mode for keyboard and for some apps only, but the new mode in the Galaxy Note 3 converts the whole screen into a one handed phone.
Earlier their was a trend of small sized smartphones, but with time, the manufacturers just kept moving to a big size. What we are talking about is, although Galaxy S4 is a smartphone, but it’s 5.0 inch screen still might not be as convenient as a user wants. To make the lives of Exynos Galaxy S4 owners easier, XDA Senior Member Tamerlan2009 has ported the aforementioned feature to the device, but only for GT-I9500 users with deodexed ROMs at the moment.
In the following post we are going to install the One Handed Mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 Exynos GT-I9500. All you need is, follow the instructions very carefully and enjoy the feature on your phone.
- Must have installed a custom recovery.
- Must have installed a deodexed ROM. Most of the custom ROMs are deodexed.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs and text messages.
- Backup your important media content.
- Backup EFS and do create a nandroid backup using the custom recovery.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
How to Install One Handed Mode on Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500:
- Download OneHanded Mode.zip file and copy it to your phone’s SDcard.
- Boot into CWM or TWRP now. To do so, turn off your device first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Key. You should see the CWM or TWRP Interface now.
- Now in recovery, select “Install > Chose Zip from SDcard > Locate the OneHand Mode.zip > Yes” and proceed with the installation.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Find the One Handed Mode in Settings > My Device > One-Handed Operation > Enable the options you want.
- To activate it on the screen, quickly backoff the screen in single try on the left side or right side.
- That’s all. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S8 Plus [Exynos] - April 26, 2017
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S8 [Exynos] - April 26, 2017
- How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android - April 22, 2017