Samsung’s latest flagship phablet Galaxy Note 3 is widely being used at the moment by both the developers and the users. The device comes branded as different variants i.e International, LTE and others where as the only thing differentiating these variants is the band frequency and the processing chip. Just in case you don’t know, Galaxy Note 3 sports a 5.7 inches full HD display with 386 ppi, Exynos 5 Octa processor clocked at 1.9 GHz or Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.3 GHz, a RAM of 3 GB is placed under the hood, a 13 MP camera at the back and a 2 MP on the front while a massive battery of 3200 mAh is packed under the hood.
Out of the box, Galaxy Note 3 runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and the device is set to receive Android 4.4 KitKat soon as well.While there is no further update available for the Note 3, custom ROMs maybe a best choice. The very well known Omega ROM is available now for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 (LTE variant). Thanks to XDA recognized developer ::indie:: for creating this awesome ROM. Omega ROM v6 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUDML2 Stock firmware, and comes with a number of mods and performance enhancements, it’s pre-rooted and zipaligned as well. Before we head towards the installation instructions, let’s have a look at the features / mods offered by this ROM.
Here are some pre-requisites and pre-cautions that you must follow:
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005. Do not try this on any other device, check your device’s model in Settings > General > About Device.
- You device must have a custom recovery installed. Follow our full guide here to install TWRP Recovery or find the CWM Recovery here.
- Your device’s battery should be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- If you already have rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to back up all your important apps + system data. Also if you are using a custom recovery, it is recommended that you backup your current system using that first. [Just for the sake of safety.]
- Using TWRP Recovery, please make an EFS backup before you flash this ROM.
- This firmware is pre-rooted, you may not need worry about root access later on.
- Alright! Go ahead and flash the custom firmware, follow this guide to the letter.
Let’s move forward to the ROM flashing process on the 2nd page.
|Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.|
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2
Latest posts by Usama M (see all)
- How to Uninstall Custom Recovery/Restore Stock Recovery on Android - April 27, 2017
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S8 Plus [Exynos] - April 26, 2017
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy S8 [Exynos] - April 26, 2017