As I said before, that it will be a matter of time before custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S5 starts to arrive on the web and it looks like Omega ROM has won this war.Omega ROMs are considered to be the best one for Galaxy Devices when it comes to Custom ROMS, it is completely based on Stock ROMs with a lot of different modules install it to give users a better control over their device. The ROM is completely stable, faster and smoother than the Official ROM. Galaxy S5 arrived with Android 4.2.2 and Omega ROM v1.2 is also based on Android 4.2.2.
This ROM has Omega Droid app that keeps you updated with all the latest news and updates about Omega ROM and also Omega Files to let you install extra Omega apps on your device. All the features that works in Stock ROM has been ported in Omega ROM, you won’t be needing to learn anything about this ROM, Wanam Xposed Module is there to give you the best Customizations, Xposed Framework is ported in it to download and install different tweaks on your device, the list of features is listed below. If you are interested in other ROMs, You can Visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Omega ROM V1.2 by following our Tutorial.This is not an official release from Samsung, but a Custom ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.
But why would anyone goes for a Custom ROM instead of staying on the Stock On, allow me to explain. “Stock and Official ROMs are good, but they are created with keeping in mind the demands of all,some want performance and some wants speed, some want looks, some want features. Putting them all in one ROM can cause Lag, Performance issues and bugs. But Custom ROM in basically designed for either Looks or Performance and Custom ROM gives speed and great performance with Tweaks and System Tools.”
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Omega ROM V1.2 Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data. How To Restore and Back-Up EFS Data On Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is SM-G900F.
- Do-not try it on SM-G900I, G900M , G900A , G900T and G900V
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For Samsung Devices: Link
- Root your Device, Follow: Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F On Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In a case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Omega ROM V1.2 Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Features:
- Based on firmware XXU1ANCF Android 4.4.2 (Date: 31/03/2014)
- Kernel stock
- Aroma Installer with Full wipe option
- Wipe cache partition automatic before roms installation
- Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
- Wipe preload partition automatic before roms installation
- Wipe System automatic before roms installation
- Omegas Emblem Bootanimation by our artist anbech
- Omegas Emblem Shutdown animation by our artist anbech
- OmegaDroid Kit Kat Wallpapers by our artist Jorq1H
- OmegaDroid Wallpapers application
- Disable scrolling cache
- Email with Exchange Security Disabled
- build.prop tweaks
- Omegas addon applications:
- Omega Files
- ES File Explorer
- Removed (Can be added from Omega Files):
- Boot sound
- Rom is Deodexed + Rooted + Zipaligned
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Install Omega ROM On Galaxy S5. But let me remind you again,Samsung Kies will now Detect your Phone. If you ever want to Go Back to the Official ROM and ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything.
- Download Android 4.4.2 Omega ROM: Link
- Google Apps are already included in the ROM, you won’t need to Flash them separately
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Omega ROM V1.2.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Omega ROM V1.2 , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Solve Signature Verification Error:
- Open Recovery.
- Navigate to install zip from Sdcard
- Navigate to Toggle Signature Verification and Press Power Button and See if it is disabled or not. Disable it and then Install the Zip without any Error.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F will be running Android 4.4.2 Omega ROM.Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.
Latest posts by Mohsin Raza (see all)
- Root any Android Device with One Click KingRoot Tool [ Updated ] - May 29, 2016
- Set Wallpaper on Android without Cropping – How to Guide. - April 28, 2016
- How to Install Android 6.0.1 Renegade ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge G925P - April 3, 2016